12.5" Damascus Bowie Knife

My latest Damascus or pattern welded knife!!

Made 100% by myself, a one off creation.

It’s made of 120 layers of steel, forge welded together, steels used are 15n20 nickel steel and cs60 spring steel and it’s a high carbon blade with a fantastic temper.

The pattern is ladder pattern created by manipulating the steel as shown then flattening and drawing it out.

image_zpsfa09d05e.jpg

here achieving welding temprature in the gas forge building up enough heat to flatten and draw out .

th_IMG_0958_zpse376bd44.jpg

here a short clip of thepower hammer used . i cant work he hammer on hot steel and film so just a clip that shows how contolable the hammer is , its a 42kg turkish air hammer .

th_IMG_0957_zps3c8f2b80.jpg

Overall length is 12.5” with an 8” blade.

The handle is African black wood which is very dense and heavy; guard is brass and aluminium with a single brass pin.

No sheath on this one I’m afraid.

I would like £320 for it, that include postage which will be first class recorded (you need to sign for it)

I hope you like it?

It’s the last Bowie I’m doing for a while I want to try new styles

image_zps68967148.jpgimage_zps69e2fff9.jpg

image_zps1175d293.jpg

image_zpsf2d3b9b5.jpg

image_zps842573a8.jpg

image_zps11121dc2.jpg

image_zps2f4dee4f.jpg

image_zps1df8e236.jpg

• Like 1

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My latest Damascus or pattern welded knife!! Made 100% by myself, a one off creation. It’s made of 120 layers of steel, forge welded together, steels used are 15n20 nickel steel and cs60 spring stee

Cock

Thanks fellas and its yours forever if you can find the dosh :)

A friend and thl member has seen it today and says as ever it's even nicer in the flesh !!

And a bigger knife than he thought. !

Hi mate how much for this knife??

thanks

Chris

Thanks fellas and its yours forever if you can find the dosh :)

A friend and thl member has seen it today and says as ever it's even nicer in the flesh !!

And a bigger knife than he thought. !

Hi mate how much for this knife??

thanks

Chris

Sorry mate just seen how much, i didnt read the post properly was stuned by the knife its looks fantastic!!!

Sorry I didn't see you post !!

I wish I could do them cheaper fellas but I'm not making a bean out of it as it is !!

There a passion the pattern welded knives , I do it because I love it rather than as a profit making thing !!

The raw materials Re well over £100 :0

I'm so glad everyone seems to like it !!

Thank you all !!