Sign in to follow this  
CrowHawker

Indianna The Female Goshawk

Great going mate, i took my staffie out with me today to do a bit of bushing for the first time ever with the hawk but made the rookie mistake of holding the hawk back from a rabbit making a break for it, mistaking it for a bate, happy with the dog though, may not need a brittany afterall

I used a Nutall terrier with my Harris and they got along just fine, he also worked with saluki, introduced they will work with any dog, its when they don't see the use in the dog the trouble starts imho once they know they provide slips they soon forget their inbuilt prejudice of them

Can't beat a good hyena mate! cracking small HPR I will not want for more!

Shhhh Dont ruin the moment lol, ive got to make do with what ive got until im in a position for a hyenna ha

Well I shall be needing from mine girl feb time may be looking for a good working home on breeding terms!

if i had the time to put into a dog you would be my first port of call, but at the minute im pushed for time as it is and just not in a position for another one, yet, although its deffinetly something for the very near future

Out from 1pm today to try he on a hare. Loaded her and the hyenas up off we when onto some new stubble field I've permission on crawling with quarry driving along the hedge rows and threw the forest dogs working on front of me both are pointing about 50 metres in front get her out her box already tagged up and checked before leaving home got to about 35 metres and the hare broke off she went like a possessed devil a cracking 150 metre flight right across this field tyred to video it but fell over 😂got a out of focus flight and lots of swearing!!!! Found the young girl on her prize a big hare nailed right in the head dogs had helped her a bit I think. Fed up till she couldn't eat no more! Top 10 outings of my falconry life Buzzing

• Like 2