gun laws in ireland

i was just told tonite that i can only shoot my .243 in the land that holds deer i live 40 mile away from were my permission is for deer there is no deer around me,i can't shoot or even set my rifle in this district.can't shoot fox's with it in this district.that's what the guards said, did you ever come across this or what.cheer sounder :hmm:

p.s i live in ireland.

Edited by sounder

Guest Ditch_Shitter

Are ye a member of a Gun Club, mate? Only NARGC would be the ones to ask.

Perhaps though, like me, ye found getting into a Gun Club is less feasable than the Free Masons?!

Sounder mate ring the N.A.R.G.C.

this is not right, you can only shoot deer on the permission that you are given providing that there is deer on that land, but you could be a guest of someone has permission elsewhere and shoot on that land. now for the foxes, as long as you are given permission to shoot on the land that has foxes and you are not discharging your weapon from the road you are fine. i think it's about 70ft from a public road? some law dating back to horse drawen vechle's, :icon_eek: think the garda in question has something againest shooter's. check it out with the N.A.R.G.C BUT I THINK I'M 95% RIGHT.

There has been lot's of problem's up here with regard's to getting gun's and the N.A.R.G.C DID the job.... excellent result. :thumbs:

just took a peek at a book, get the said garda to write the conditions down. you are entitled to it. if you have your licence. (gun)and it's unlimited licence, you can use the said weapon for which it was required. ie. .243 deer stalking, pest control, etc. vermin.

get the condition's in writing before approching the N.A.R.G.C. AND IT'S 60 FT FROM A PUBLIC ROAD. DISCHARGING YOUR WEAPON....

THE SUPERINTENDENT CAN MAKE NO SUCH CONDITION'S THAT ARE NOT UNDER ANY SAID FIREARM'S ACT.

GOOD LUCK :thumbs:

Sounder mate ring the N.A.R.G.C.

this is not right, you can only shoot deer on the permission that you are given providing that there is deer on that land, but you could be a guest of someone has permission elsewhere and shoot on that land. now for the foxes, as long as you are given permission to shoot on the land that has foxes and you are not discharging your weapon from the road you are fine. i think it's about 70ft from a public road? some law dating back to horse drawen vechle's, :icon_eek: think the garda in question has something againest shooter's. check it out with the N.A.R.G.C BUT I THINK I'M 95% RIGHT.

There has been lot's of problem's up here with regard's to getting gun's and the N.A.R.G.C DID the job.... excellent result. :thumbs:

just took a peek at a book, get the said garda to write the conditions down. you are entitled to it. if you have your licence. (gun)and it's unlimited licence, you can use the said weapon for which it was required. ie. .243 deer stalking, pest control, etc. vermin.

get the condition's in writing before approching the N.A.R.G.C. AND IT'S 60 FT FROM A PUBLIC ROAD. DISCHARGING YOUR WEAPON....

THE SUPERINTENDENT CAN MAKE NO SUCH CONDITION'S THAT ARE NOT UNDER ANY SAID FIREARM'S ACT.

GOOD LUCK :thumbs:

thank's lad's i rang n.a.r.g.c got talking to des crofton told him what the guard said he put me right and went back to her fought my case to her and all she could say is that dublin told her what she told me

so i said that i will take this further and was going back to the n.a.r.g.c.and left .about a half a hour later she phone me back to say she got on to dublin and another one put her right and that i would have to send in the number of the gun again and she put it trough so another long wait.

only for ye [ditch-shitter snapshot and the n.a.r.g.c. ]they have made there own rules

thanks lads again :thumbs: cheers sounder

• 2 weeks later...