" Eric "

milo

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nice bird mate I've got a female I'm training took 10 days to eat off the fist I may start a little diary thing. Good luck mate but most of all take your time no rush to get out hunting ASAP

Milo I'm far from a expert is it worth changing the day old chick for a bit of liver or sum nice red meat just tiny bits my hh is a lot keener with it only suggesting fella atb

If it was me I would use the Martin Hollinshead method, exactly as you have described, KEEP THE BOND WITH HER, its not everyones cup of tea, but it has always` worked for me, a slight drop in weight a

Posted Images

post-42748-0-03018600-1380879355.jpgI just make a T perch from a length of handle from an old rake, then bind the top with some innertube rubber held on with cable ties, its a bit heath robinson, but it works and if I want to carry it about, it will sit in my belt or hawking vest straps, don't forget to sharpen the end that goes in the ground. Edited by charlie caller
  • Like 1

Ive used tree stumps already,think ive possibly used everything over the last 5 weeks ha ..weight on him at 8,30 this morning was 1lb 6,8 so soon has this rain stops im out ....cant wait now but more looking like tomorrw afternoon to get him free :thumbs:

Tried him out about 4pm and his weight was 1lb 6.5 me thinking here we go hes going to be good today ! :cray: ..nope poor response at 20ft walked closer to him approx 10ft and he was instant to the glove...talk about breaking me JESUS CHRIST !

Fed him a tiny amount of rabbit re weighed him just after and he was 1lb 7,3 so tomorrw afternoon hopefully he be down to 1lb 6 or slightly over ...problem is guys how much longer do i keep on ! there has to be a cut off point ! i really want and need to get out hawking :icon_eek:

As said I'm no expert . I'd try this tomorrow just do jump ups with him with just bits of rabbits ears do them in morning and afternoon don't feed nothing else them Sunday take him out and try it on the creance fella ! With nice red meat . Atb fella hope this might help .

By walking nearer to him mate, he is training you, he is thinking why should I fly all that way the daft sod will walk nearer in a bit, if he wont come, put the food away and try later or the day after, is he still mad for the lure, or havent you tried for a bit?

Edited by charlie caller

Have tried him charlie but he seems to have gone off the boil the last few days !

I weighed him at 9,30 am and he was 1lb 5.9, ive bowed him out on the weathering and hes watching my every move,ive put new batterys in the telem and his tag,the lure is in the bag,i have 5 doc and a rabbit leg and some binoculars and mob phone

At 1 o"clock i shall be going to our local training field on the farm and getting him settled for 30 mins then see what his response is,

if its first time then today is the perfect day,he has been kept up on weight for 2 weeks now and graduilly brought down.

Theres no wind, nice blue clear sky and ive got 10 days off work(incase it goes wrong ha) ..i honestly think he will be free in the next hour or so BUT if not " i dont know what else to actully do" its getting me down to be honest now ive never been so stressed or un happy with falconry/hawking since i have took this hawk on and maybe i am not ready for a goss if it fails today ...

The last 5 weeks of everything i have has gone into today.."SO HERE GOES" ;)

Edited by milo

..... :boogy::boogy: ..FREE... :boogy::boogy:

Cant believe it after all the hard work the good days the bad days im there !

Creance on tiny bit of doc off glove and cast him to my " specially made goss perch" first call BANG ON GLOVE..

Second call BANG ON GLOVE

Creance off 3rd call,4th straight on glove

Started to walk back to truck and i cast him in a low tree below head height,recalled straight to glove again ...

Thanks to you all for all the advice crow hawker/charlie caller/bluebell h/youcanthide...and to everybody that i have forget to mention..THANK YOU :thumbs:

post-2322-0-55723300-1380981373_thumb.jpg

• Like 2