" Eric "

milo

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nice bird mate I've got a female I'm training took 10 days to eat off the fist I may start a little diary thing. Good luck mate but most of all take your time no rush to get out hunting ASAP

Milo I'm far from a expert is it worth changing the day old chick for a bit of liver or sum nice red meat just tiny bits my hh is a lot keener with it only suggesting fella atb

If it was me I would use the Martin Hollinshead method, exactly as you have described, KEEP THE BOND WITH HER, its not everyones cup of tea, but it has always` worked for me, a slight drop in weight a

Posted Images

1lb 6.4 today ..out on creance 10ft not instant but came after a few wiggles of doc and 3-4 calls...we did this 5 times and fed him up on last call...

Hope to keep him like this for 2 -3 days then drop him to 1lb.6 then see what happens...( god its doing my head in)

Milo I'm far from a expert is it worth changing the day old chick for a bit of liver or sum nice red meat just tiny bits my hh is a lot keener with it only suggesting fella atb

Funny you say that,ive noticed a change in his attitude and response when i show him quail or rabbit leg on the glove compared to doc... he seems to take better notice of it..

Id try T-Bone steak if i thought he would respond first time mate,took him out at 3,30 he was 1lb 7oz and he responded well to be fair,3 calls at 20ft and he was on the fist.............. looking good for this weekend i hope if he responds like this again well pleased :thumbs:

• Like 2

Get some shin beef mate, its cheap and they love it, just don't forget to weigh it dude, so you know how much to give him, sounds like your patience is paying off mate, in a while you will be looking back at all this and laughing about it, and how sweet will success taste when he binds to that first bunny/pheasant, carry on mate you are cracking it.

• Like 1

Patience ! oh my god..never thought i would be able to just switch off from the feathery bundle of stubanance but im definatly getting somewhere,just wish the rain stops for a brief hour so i can get him out thismorning and to continue with the progress,weighed him earlier and he was 1lb 7.8...

Im going to keep up up around the 1 lb 7 mk and then come fri/sat drop him slightly for his first day free ( hopefully)

Yep then get him killing mate he will never look back,got myself a male Harris last thurs, he is a year old and done nothing, but in five days I have got him coming instant, full creance length, and hitting the recall lure, hoping to have him free this weekend, cant wait to get him on the bunnies.

Yep then get him killing mate he will never look back,got myself a male Harris last thurs, he is a year old and done nothing, but in five days I have got him coming instant, full creance length, and hitting the recall lure, hoping to have him free this weekend, cant wait to get him on the bunnies.

I will mate soon has his response is decent im off.

I loved my male harris "rico" miss him very much and id have no problems in having another male anytime,and IF i cant get use to hunting with my goss i will get straight back in into another male..

Good luck with him charlie and please keep us posted on him :thumbs:

Had to take a chance between the showers,so at 4 oclock i weighed him up and he was 1lb 70z bang on the nose ! so off we went ..

Put him on post and called but same response has the other day at 1lb 7oz and 3-4 calls on the glove this was at a distance of about 20ft..

I then decreased the distance at 10ft and he was more or less instant,ive felt his keel and he does have some fat either side now,which is a big differance from 2 weeks ago.

I shall drop him to 1lb 6.8 ishhh and see what happens looking back in my diary hes been around the 1lb 7 mk for a few days now so he shouldnt be weak at all,so im hoping if rain stops tomorrw he will be down slightly and i get the response im looking for. ;)