Dexter Just Out Of Moult 2013

arcticgun

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lol I spent half an hour today watching a guy training two retrievers in the rocky hills, he had an old Podenco hound with him as well but sadly his English was worse than my Spanish so I couldn't ta

Hes looking nice Those anklets look good, ive got the same style on mine, i like how the riveted anklets keep the jesses away from the feet abit better than the traditional ones

Looks smart matey!

Cheers Pointer, you lucky sod sunning yourself and fishing in foriegn lands

Lol

I spent half an hour today watching a guy training two retrievers in the rocky hills, he had an old Podenco hound with him as well but sadly his English was worse than my Spanish so I couldn't talk to him.

• Like 2

LOL @Pointer, enjoy the rest of your holiday pal, all well here ;)

back to Dexter, well things goin bot slower than planned but nothing seriuous, just needs droppign weit a little and its not something he appears to agree with wholeheartedly :laugh: Im sur ehe prefers wholesale grub of greater quality on demand, anyhows he comign down slowly , so its slowly catch a monkey , howevr he friendly and relaxed feedign well on glove, the jump will come tomorow and then we can catch up quicklu on the rest, he teaching me to repect him, being my first larger falcon I studied hard last year perepration for recievign and entering himand things went lkie a dream, took a little for granted this season with regards to remanning weight etc mind its a pleasure to learn from him, he a clever little bird and has benefitted me no end cannto wait for him to get going now lol :thumbs:

• Like 1

quick update ,

well int the manning process now, birds bullet proof, no scared of the wold but still knows what he is :laugh: he jumping to the glove for food and also steppign up nicely, in fact after a few initial hiccups (my bad lol) he has come on as expectedf, still free lofting and he straight to glove when I go in for him, however in field he is really reluctant to go say 20 yds to glove, now last year I did the classical start and had this nailed before ggoing to next stage (lure return) however he just seems stubborn to it this year, so out comes the lure from frustation, (I know we should not jump stages ) howevr bang he right at it and traded off real smooth, so theres me thinbking well after all he is a bird of the lure so sod the fist return :laugh: (wil I regret this? ) I think we be flyign free tomorow or thursday, work weds worse luck then long weekend I be lookign to enter him back too hare this weeknd if all goes well, he a greedy sod and it has always given me a little leway to play around with him, happy times ahead I hope :victory:

• Like 1

quick update ,

well int the manning process now, birds bullet proof, no scared of the wold but still knows what he is :laugh: he jumping to the glove for food and also steppign up nicely, in fact after a few initial hiccups (my bad lol) he has come on as expectedf, still free lofting and he straight to glove when I go in for him, however in field he is really reluctant to go say 20 yds to glove, now last year I did the classical start and had this nailed before ggoing to next stage (lure return) however he just seems stubborn to it this year, so out comes the lure from frustation, (I know we should not jump stages ) howevr bang he right at it and traded off real smooth, so theres me thinbking well after all he is a bird of the lure so sod the fist return :laugh: (wil I regret this? ) I think we be flyign free tomorow or thursday, work weds worse luck then long weekend I be lookign to enter him back too hare this weeknd if all goes well, he a greedy sod and it has always given me a little leway to play around with him, happy times ahead I hope :victory:

good luck mate

Ive never flown a falcon to the fist only the lure or kite and never had a problem

kite might well be my next move mate, if he lacks the will for ol long ears or jacks on em, he gunna become a practise gamehawk lol to be fair to him he found height naturally last season and knows the advantages it affords him on prey, Im gettign a little obsessed with this gamehawkign lark, watching to many dvd and you tbe clips over the summer :laugh: next thing it will be saluki out pointer in :D only joking :victory: all stick to me own vrand of the art , hackign about causing mayhem :laugh:

Edited by arcticgun
  • 4 weeks later...

real slow start mate :icon_redface: work weather family and dogs have got firmly in the way :blink: , he doing well on the lure and starting to get fitter, had him out sunday despite the weather just local, he was very subdued when pointers hawk was present, had to hood him , despite pointer and the hawk being some way off he would not find any height whilst the hawk was about , I honestly thought there was something wrong with him , fetched him down and cropped him up, took back out Monday briefly and he returned to his old self, lure training today with electric lure, however its just fitness he needs now, flying him sunday however I expect limited success as he is nowhere near fit enough as yet. last season he was fit as feck prior to the cover going down, being that he was a oung bird and had been trained etc, lessons to be learned for next year lol

• 3 weeks later...