Air Arms Pressure,, Info

can any one tell me the recommended psi pressure for an air arms s200 mk3,, and roughly how many shots i should get from it , the pellets are .177 and what type of pellets work best in yours,, a few different questions there but i've not had one before so any info will be appreciated, cheers

My 200 is .22 cal and I get roughly 40 shots before having to compensate for pressure drop, so I should guess you will have about the same maybe more.

The 200's are not that pellet fussy, but so far the tightest groups I've had at 30 yards are Air Arms Fields 5.51 and 5.52 thet gave me a grouping of about 8mm Edge to edge, followed by FX pellets (I cant get them now though) giving about 9 to 10mm groups E2E. Then came Crosman Premier Ultra Magnums about 10mm E2E groups. Bisley Magnums also produced tight groups but never bothered measuring them.

You can fill the gun to 210 Bar, however my baby's SweetSpot (most consistent velocity and accuracy) starts around 180 bar down to 110/100 bar.

Each gun may be different (especially between cal's)

To find out the very best fill pressure and it's sweetspot you will need to use a chronograph (easiest method) or lots of time and shots using either graph paper or a decent metal rule (the way I did it).

Tony

• Like 1

Big napped, ur cyclinder may not have gone up be bucasuse ur drive tank is low on pressure (make sure u find somewhere to fill it up to 300 bar) my s200 is .177 I use 3 mags 30 for hunting filled up to about 170 psi. Pellet on pellet at 27 yards with aa fields mate! Cracking rifle!

• Like 1

Mine likes H&N barracuda match 4.52 (10.65 grain), tighter groups than the bisleys and just as good as AA Diabolos but harder hitting.

Fill mine to 190 and get 40-45 shots with a diff of 15 fps (690-705) before dropping off steadily by about 3-4 fps per shot. If filled to 200 it's first 10 shots are 680 ish until it hits the sweet spot.

• Like 1

My best guess is:

A/..... Your Dive tank may be loosing pressure (just like the air cylinder on the gun; they can develop faults)

Or

B/..... The gauge may be have been knocked off calibration or even dodgy :-/

A gentle test:

Go set up a target on an A4 paper (with a good backstop)

Mark the paper with a coloured dot.

Zero (or check zero) as normal

Aim at the same mark for every shot and count how many shots before you notice a significant drop in the point of impact. If you are getting around 40 shot's or more then it's likely to be the gauge.

The good news is that a gauge is relatively cheap to replace :D

If there is a significant drop in Point of impact then it's likely to be the tank. Well I say the tank, it's more likely to be the seals on the tank.

Tony

Tony

• Like 1