Dougie Male Harris Hawk

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ive decided to start a diary on my male harris hawks new season, ive had him going out of the moult again for little under a week but i wanted to start the diary on a kill,   So with the bird weigh

Sorry for not updating the thread in a while, ive been poorly lately with an infection in the bowels, so i havent been out with the hawk in weeks due to the crippling stomach pains, Anyway im ok now

You've done right by the hawk, get another one and carry on. Early next season get it up here for a few days on the dales, we should be able to get it entered easily enough on a few dumb young bunnie

Yeh I had 1 with my male, never got too near to one again though lol but it's amazing what these Harris's can pick up over the seasons, I had quite an interesting 'various list' with my harris.....

Haha i added a various earlier on but luckily managed to save and release it after a couple of weeks of care lol, hes had plenty of opportunities on them as theres loads round here but he just seems to get his footing wrong, maybe because theres so many in such a small space

Interesting mate.....most people would think a kills a kill!......good for you....

• Like 1

I love these sort of threads i find this sort of shit fascinating................fair do,s to you lads getting out there doing it.......and keep the pictures coming.....pretty please :angel:

Gnasher have you flown/flying a hawk or are you tempted?

I love these sort of threads i find this sort of shit fascinating................fair do,s to you lads getting out there doing it.......and keep the pictures coming.....pretty please :angel:

No i dont mate.....been tempted many times came close a few years ago did one of those falconry courses and all sorts.......just didnt feel i had the time or patience to dedicate to a bird........its still something id love to do one day i find the knowledge you chaps have so impressive i can imagine its a very rewarding feeling training and working a bird.

• Like 2

No i dont mate.....been tempted many times came close a few years ago did one of those falconry courses and all sorts.......just didnt feel i had the time or patience to dedicate to a bird........its still something id love to do one day i find the

knowledge you chaps have so impressive i can imagine its a very rewarding feeling training and working a bird.

Yeh it is mate, but one thing that has struck me since I've been hunting with hawks, is the commitment to detail it takes to get it right, I can't remember having the same discipline with working terriers & lurchers, although I had success.

What I'm trying to say is that I'd like the chance to transfer some of discipline I've learnt back into working terriers & lurchers, & see if I'm a better dog man for it....

No i dont mate.....been tempted many times came close a few years ago did one of those falconry courses and all sorts.......just didnt feel i had the time or patience to dedicate to a bird........its still something id love to do one day i find the

knowledge you chaps have so impressive i can imagine its a very rewarding feeling training and working a bird.

Yeh it is mate, but one thing that has struck me since I've been hunting with hawks, is the commitment to detail it takes to get it right, I can't remember having the same discipline with working terriers & lurchers, although I had success.

What I'm trying to say is that I'd like the chance to transfer some of discipline I've learnt back into working terriers & lurchers, & see if I'm a better dog man for it....

Absolutely......when your playing about with ounces i imagine attention to detail can be the difference between success and failure.............hopefully by the time i take the plunge i,ll have learned enough reading you lads exploits to get me off and running :D

• 2 weeks later...

Havent updated the diary in a while, i havent been doing much at all really the weathers been terrible and i just havent been able to get anywhere, and to add to that a few places have been hit badly by mixi. Hopefully have a kill sometime this week, fingers crossed, this season doesnt look like its going to be a good one

So many things have to come together mate.....my 'doggie' mates would be saying 'Fuc*ing hell mate....weren't life easier with a lurcher?'.... ...I'd be thinking 'they just don't understand......'

• Like 1