Dougie Male Harris Hawk

It happens mate, only the bull*******s never have failures or things go wrong for them. I've enjoyed reading your posts.

I hope your back in action next season.

I was gutted mate, i havent taken the decision to sell him lightly, alot of though went into it, he was like a different bird all of a sudden, he was intent on killing the other birds and nothing i could have done would have stopped that, and flying on my own for the rest of however long the bird would have lived was a sad prospect in my mind.

Field meets and meeting with friends would be out of the question with him boomeranging off the fist to smash other peoples hawks

I think a fresh female is the way i will be heading, or maybe another male, im not quite sure yet.

Ive got months to think about it now. Im sad to see the bird go but happy that he has gone to a great hunting home were he will be flown as good if not better than i have

Edited by youcanthide...BANG

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ive decided to start a diary on my male harris hawks new season, ive had him going out of the moult again for little under a week but i wanted to start the diary on a kill,   So with the bird weigh

Sorry for not updating the thread in a while, ive been poorly lately with an infection in the bowels, so i havent been out with the hawk in weeks due to the crippling stomach pains, Anyway im ok now

You've done right by the hawk, get another one and carry on. Early next season get it up here for a few days on the dales, we should be able to get it entered easily enough on a few dumb young bunnie

The games hard enough with the weather, work and family commitments all working against you , last thing ya need is the bird goin against ya as well, ylu done the right thing pal, otherwise ya simply sicken yaself off, best of luck for next season pal

• Like 1

Thanks mate, i was suprised at how quick he sold to a good home. I wasnt in a rush to sell him as a good hunting home was the main thing. Moulting him out and waiting for the right person is what i would have done if needed.

You've done right by the hawk, get another one and carry on.

Early next season get it up here for a few days on the dales, we should be able to get it entered easily enough on a few dumb young bunnies.

The offers there mate.

ye deffintely, i think its gonna be a female harris this time. Its been hard to manage to get anywhere this season but i should be sorted for next season, so can start taking people up on offers

Cheers mate, i will take you up on it, its just this seasons been hard work finding time between other things.

The blokes rang earlier who bought the bird from me yesterday, the hawks caught a pigeon on his first flight with him, and by all accounts it was a great flight and he couldnt be any happier with him, as soon as ive got the chance i will put the pics up he has sent to me, so glad he has gone to a bloke who can put the time into it that he deserves

• 3 weeks later...