Dougie Male Harris Hawk

Thanks mate, i think that was my problem, did some recalls and he was spot on, but didnt bother with the lure chases.

Will pick it up again in a couple of months and see how i get on

take the bell off mate,and adapt one of them little flashing diodes you put round them posh mutts neck for taking them out at night,they sell them in poundland,all you need is the battery and light,fix to your tailmount,simple but effective,keep at it ,atb mc

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ive decided to start a diary on my male harris hawks new season, ive had him going out of the moult again for little under a week but i wanted to start the diary on a kill,   So with the bird weigh

Sorry for not updating the thread in a while, ive been poorly lately with an infection in the bowels, so i havent been out with the hawk in weeks due to the crippling stomach pains, Anyway im ok now

You've done right by the hawk, get another one and carry on. Early next season get it up here for a few days on the dales, we should be able to get it entered easily enough on a few dumb young bunnie

Thanks mate, i think that was my problem, did some recalls and he was spot on, but didnt bother with the lure chases.

take the bell off mate,and adapt one of them little flashing diodes you put round them posh mutts neck for taking them out at night,they sell them in poundland,all you need is the battery and light,fix to your tailmount,simple but effective,keep at it ,atb mc

Ive got one mate but didnt like turning it on and off all the time so im just gonna make some hi viz jesses later in the week as they look the dogs bollocks

Ive got one mate but didnt like turning it on and off all the time so im just gonna make some hi viz jesses later in the week as they look the dogs bollocks

no probs,just leave it on,a rabbit can hear and smell you long before it realises what the light is, i flew mine naked heeled,had one hung up ,even in flying jesses it got snagged,atb mc

Well to be honest it don't sound like he really needs it, hes already chased a rabbit in the beam, but it certainly wont do any harm pal that's for sure.

Got to go, you make it sound like your being forced lol, if you dont want to go i will swap you ha

I will do my best to keep the diary interesting, as soon as the cover dies down the kills should soon stack up,

Im out later to a local spot where ive a massive chance of a nice slip, without the use of a dog or ferrets its hard to find anything worth flying the bird at but im trying my best

Honestly with seeing threads about others already getting their hawks going I do feel like I'm missing out and being made to go abroad.

Maybe if a big Skate or tuna tries to rip my arm out of its socket i won't feel as bad lol.

You lucky b*****d, catch a big one for me wont you, another couple of weeks means nothing to the hawk, still loads of cover about making it difficult anyway

Well just got in, first spot produced only one short flight with the rabbit lost in cover,

Went to another spot and had one of the best flights ever, bird was weaving in and out the trees and made a dive but missed, got back up and carried on chase, but to no avail as another 2 dives into cover saw him lose the rabbit, im a little gutted but i know its not the birds fault the 4 foot thick bramble cover is just making it too hard and the small weight of the bird just means he carnt get through it, im gonna have to take it steady as the birds gonna end up ripping his tailmount out.

witout a dog or ferrets to find game its making it really hard on me struggling to put the bird on game, so plan is to just stick to fitness and flying until the cover dies off, thanks

Went out today and the bird bound to a crow taken from a tree, so i set off running to dispatch it and as i got within 5 feet the crow popped up out his feet and flew off with the bird on the floor with a fist full of feathers looking at me like wtf has just happened lol

Then just got home and noticed two fret marks in the same place on two different feathers, and i know whats caused it, if i ever see the cat from across the road with its paw through the aviary roof again, it will be getting a 12mm lead ball fired at its arse :censored: three times ive caught it on the roof and even caught it clung to the budgies cage once while it was left outside, good thing is you carnt really notice them unless you really look for them, might be a stupid question but do they cause the feather to weaken alot or will it be ok?