The Badger Cull

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The 'cull' is just a big waste of money IMO. Be much easier if they just lifted the badgers protected status and let the farmers control or get lads in to control their own badgers if they have probl

Really?? Do you believe everything you read in BBC Wildlife magazine??

Well this topic proves it . There a lot of guys on here who have more mouth than brains! It's wonderful how there are sooo many experts on here when even the best scientists in the country admit th

Ideally they need to pop over to the Cheq Republic, pick up a few cans of Cymag (still available over there) and fire up the pumps.......

They really don't want these things to have any chance of getting up again...... some heavy duty lead is being used....

Ideally they need to pop over to the Cheq Republic, pick up a few cans of Cymag .....

Ahh, now, FFS Matt, ye can't mean that ....? Cyanide, like strychnine, is just barbaric. Just because ye don't have to See the creatures die of torture doesn't excuse what ye doing to them, underground.

.243 just seemed a bit 'over kill' to me. But, given the choice between instantaneous, massive shock to the CNS and virtually total, physical obliteration of the vital organs. Or cyanide ....?

No. I guess you're looking at 'simple', 'economic', 'wholesale' ? Well, that happens, yards from this key board. And it's swift. Humane. Effective. No gas.

let the terrier lads apply for a licence and carry out the task imho-alot of folk dont even know where on their land they are :yes: would be a lot quicker than waiting around with a rifle or checking snares twice aday-you could clear a farm in a weekend if you were allowed :whistling: bagged and tagged for the goverment boffins to do what they need to do-maybe then us terrier lads wouldnt be thought of as the scum of the earth-just my thoughts on it ;)

let the terrier lads apply for a licence and carry out the task imho-alot of folk dont even know where on their land they are :yes: would be a lot quicker than waiting around with a rifle or checking snares twice aday-you could clear a farm in a weekend if you were allowed :whistling: bagged and tagged for the goverment boffins to do what they need to do-maybe then us terrier lads wouldnt be thought of as the scum of the earth-just my thoughts on it ;)

if only carlsberg run defra :laugh::laugh::laugh:

The public have seen enough post dig photos of dogs with half their jaw hanging to never allow digging! Just won't happen chap.

• Like 1

The public have seen enough post dig photos of dogs with half their jaw hanging to never allow digging! Just won't happen chap.
within a week of the licence coming out the freeads would be full of jackers lol Edited by danw
  • Like 1

I couldnt have full confidence,in any " figures released ".Its predictable that any data revealed,will fit the purpose.It wouldnt suit them to test a much higher percentage ,of the culled badgers.Because, If you could guarantee the integrity ,of the results , id bet a significant number would turn out to be healthy.This would be uncomfortable for them,and certainly wouldnt help the cause ! LOL How ironic also, that this ' overly protected status ' which has been brought about by the conservationists themselves,is now going to backfire very badly,for both.

Edited by earth-thrower