Live Quarry With A Catty

hi everyone, I was just wondering what sort of bands I should use for hunting, and also what I can shoot, in real terms and also legally (I live close to a city and one of my permissions I have to be quite careful with).
I've a barnett catapult and a no-brand cheap catapult but I've only used them to shoot the birds/rats the neighbours cat leaves in my garden (I wake up to it in the morning and cba get up to deal with, catty out the window lets me get back to sleep). mercy killings rather than hunting.
All but once they'd died straight away, but the cat... shall we say does most of the work.

Quite interested in starting using them properly, Think my aim might still need finetuning abit though. :-)

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i always have the catty with me and usually pull over in streets or on main roads to take a shot at something

No need to post when youve got something to brag about.....   Just post updates mate....   The catapult world is a funny one.....   Nothings wrong or right

I like drivebys down country lanes myself,rabbits,pigeons,pheasants......just make sure both side windows are down before you shoot!!!!!!

Most popular is double theraband gold mate....

Readily available on ebay...

Catapult styles vary... shape..design... ott/sideshooter.... as do the materials....

And places to buy them... ebay has a selection of cheap catapults...

Miltiplex is a good wooden material....

Hdpe is a good choice for longterm abuse....

Natural forks are free and readily available...

The choice is yours....

I like my homemade hdpe.... and also multiplex :thumbs:

Homemade hdpe...

20130628_172653_zps2ec99cf6.jpg

20130629_150242_zpsd433648b.jpg

Multiplex

20130731_192244_zpsbe8bea96.jpg

Edited by Blue Pocket Rocket
  • Like 1

Greetings from a fellow Notts - er! (I just invented a word!)

Stick to rabbits and woodies (edible, commonly available and easily identified), but for 'fun' magpies and crows don't sit still too long, so provide a more difficult target, provided you can dispose of them !

I've been known to use mine quite close to houses sometimes, as they make very little noise and are easily pocketed.

I prefer to use 10mm ball bearings or glass marbles, but like most things, it's a personal choice - just have fun !!

Edited by Blackbriar
  • Like 1

Pip and Westy's suggestion is a good one, Bob !

We have loads of woodies, maggies, rabbits and squirrels nearby, but dead hard to get near them on foot - you can pull a car right up next to them, though!! i guess they've just got used to seeing cars passing by ?

• Like 1

I like drivebys down country lanes myself,rabbits,pigeons,pheasants......just make sure both side windows are down before you shoot!!!!!! :)

Lol!!! Prick!!! It was late and I was on my way home from lamping!! It had to be in the Range Rover though and not something with cheap glass.

• Like 1

I like drivebys down country lanes myself,rabbits,pigeons,pheasants......just make sure both side windows are down before you shoot!!!!!! :)

Lol!!! Prick!!! It was late and I was on my way home from lamping!! It had to be in the Range Rover though and not something with cheap glass.

Wait what happened, did you forget to put the window down. :laugh: