Wheaten Terrier Lurchers

I got 1, if I'm honest she is a bunny dog.... but she is good at what she does, would I have another? I'd have another lurcher with Wheaton in it, but no I wouldn't have another Wheaton/grey no matter what percentage. I think adding summat else improves them for all round work. Just my 2 pence worth

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

sum more pics

what i am saying is you are making sweeping statements about dogs you know little or nothing about.. so i'm trying to make the same point. in reverse so to speak. as for your dogs i would'nt know or

auld ozzy . still alive and kicking

Posted Images

I got 1, if I'm honest she is a bunny dog.... but she is good at what she does, would I have another? I'd have another lurcher with Wheaton in it, but no I wouldn't have another Wheaton/grey no matter what percentage. I think adding summat else improves them for all round work. Just my 2 pence worth

i herd it was a cull :laugh:

I got 1, if I'm honest she is a bunny dog.... but she is good at what she does, would I have another? I'd have another lurcher with Wheaton in it, but no I wouldn't have another Wheaton/grey no matter what percentage. I think adding summat else improves them for all round work. Just my 2 pence worthw

Surely a cull is summat useless? I've had a few. My bitch keeps me the land owners and the game dealer happy. May be a lot of things but I'm honest about dogs, mine and other folks. What super dooper dogs you run? I'll have a decent supply of bunny soon. Come see the cull, fetch your own to try..... lol

I got 1, if I'm honest she is a bunny dog.... but she is good at what she does, would I have another? I'd have another lurcher with Wheaton in it, but no I wouldn't have another Wheaton/grey no matter what percentage. I think adding summat else improves them for all round work. Just my 2 pence worthw

Surely a cull is summat useless? I've had a few. My bitch keeps me the land owners and the game dealer happy. May be a lot of things but I'm honest about dogs, mine and other folks. What super dooper dogs you run? I'll have a decent supply of bunny soon. Come see the cull, fetch your own to try..... lol

i would come but i don't run bunny dogs there not ma cup of tea.

Define most and how far back do we have to trace cuz I'm only 37 years old and quite sure anything over 30 years ago prolly aint worth tracing back to.

is that right :laugh::whistling:

Not if you cant find out for sure exactly what they were and not unless you know for a fact that the same group of men are still breeding the original stock.

who said they werent :)

Well I do and my cull does as many if not more than most lol you eating cake by any chance lol

Well I do and my cull does as many if not more than most lol you eating cake by any chance lol

you still pumping that bug eyed thing lol

• Like 1

Na she gonna pump that Danny thing tho lol

Na she gonna pump that Danny thing tho lol danny will whoop her ass.

Ive never had a wheaton x Grant but maybe one day you say you have never seen a bad wheaton cross ...what did the wheaton blood add to the mix?

Add to the mix well they are gamer and there willingness to work .but I have seen some bad ones too but you get that in every cross

I

your idea and my idea of gameness will probably differ considerably ...gameness was the main trait in useing wheaton blood with adding a better coat than from bull blood but my point is very very few of wheaton blood are from tested wheaton blood

:blink::icon_eek: most wheatens can be traced bk to working stock if you look the right places you get a good un

Do you honestly believe the first part of your statement about most wheatens being traced to "working stock?"

Has there ever been any working Wheatons on your side of the Atlantic Dan?

• Like 1