• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sounds funny giving you details on kennels on the other side of the world but here goes mate.

bareve...barbara or sharon pinkerton 01536770714 in leicestershire.

kimmax...maxine or peter 01744633724

i have given you these two kennels beause they have imported recently some deutsch drahtaar lines, pure working lines and if was lucky enough to buy something of this quality in new zealand i would be a very happy man....let me know how ya get on or have any questions about the breed.

sounds funny giving you details on kennels on the other side of the world but here goes mate.

bareve...barbara or sharon pinkerton 01536770714 in leicestershire.

kimmax...maxine or peter 01744633724

i have given you these two kennels beause they have imported recently some deutsch drahtaar lines, pure working lines and if was lucky enough to buy something of this quality in new zealand i would be a very happy man....let me know how ya get on or have any questions about the breed.

all show lines kiwi thay dont work theyre stock [bANNED TEXT] the best working lines here at the moment with imported working lines are mustwork kennels http://www.mustwork.co.uk/ les is a full time gamekeeper and his daughters and wife do a little showing as well basically they breed for working drive first and show second,they have a litter due in sept sometime although im not sure if they have anyleft these pups will be docked with a vet cert as well [bANNED TEXT] theres not many others docking anymore as they dont work like they say they do!!!!

i actually spoke with sharon tonite about her dogs gary, they have a long history with the breed both in the show ring and in feild trails, the dog ch freddy vom kapellenhof at bareve is an imported german dd, and an awesome looking dog....they have a website just google bareve.

kimmax has also imported pure dd blood and they also have a website.

shame the docking laws have gone stupid over there, it was thrown out over here.

never heard of the mustwork kennel but will look it up.

sharon also told me your kennel club don't allow pups born by frozen semen to be registered, how far behind the times is the english kennel club :thumbdown:

had a good look through that kennel gary......is a bit of german blood there but no more than my own dogs here in nz, alot of show ch blood and also a fair bit of kimmax blood.

your right about the imported lines,danish,norwegian and german, but it's not pure drathaar blood.

hi Roybo, its just apersonnal thing for me. lost me springera couple off mnths back never found her, thought I mite try something for a change maybe a bit less intense. I have a bit off space ,`read about these guys and thought yep sounds the sort. :clapper:

hi Roybo, its just apersonnal thing for me. lost me springera couple off mnths back never found her, thought I mite try something for a change maybe a bit less intense. I have a bit off space ,`read about these guys and thought yep sounds the sort. :clapper:

Your springer intense? :icon_eek: ,get a good gwp,not show bred but the real mccoy,and you will think your spaniel was a cavalier king charles :laugh:

pardon my ignorance but what are there strong points etc always liked the breed

just wondered what they have to offer :victory: and how they differ from "conventional"

gun dogs :signthankspin:

Edited by roybo

they have many advantages over a springer or lab, although in saying that the term horses for courses would apply here...you want a dog to hunt like a pointer and retrieve like a lab,indicate & track deer both wounded and alive, kill the odd cat/fox and quard your house the gwp is the breed. they are the allrounder, they don't flush or attack cover like a springer, but they will point and have no fear making retrieves in the nasty shit, they may not have the labs coat and otter tail but they share the same love of water and unlike it's shorthaired cousin they are have the mellow temp and don't mind longhours sitting around in a duckblind,cold and wet.

they may not be a conventional gundog in the "english sence" but they where bred to do a number of jobs, they are a versitile breed, the pointer bit was added by the english when they made it to the uk as the english never had a gundog group that they could be classed in.pre hpr, in there country of birth they are simply called deutch drathaar....german wirehair.