Clothing For Beating

a good pair of nike and cappa tracky bottoms you dont want to over do it and dont forget your burberry hat

hope this helps :thumbs:

hahaha :laugh:

iv just bought a pair of seeland beater trousers for £80 the water just runs of them and from reports you can go through rough cover with them the look very hard wearing and you dont have to take your boots or wellies of to put on or take of as they have press buttons and velcro down both sides :thumbs:

a good pair of nike and cappa tracky bottoms you dont want to over do it and dont forget your burberry hat

iv just bought a pair of seeland beater trousers for £80 the water just runs of them and from reports you can go through rough cover with them the look very hard wearing and you dont have to take your boots or wellies of to put on or take of as they have press buttons and velcro down both sides :thumbs:

Just like stripper kecks, bet your bird will love a bit of them...! :rolleyes::laugh: :laugh:

all my jack pyke gear seems to keep the water off but would i look a prick in real tree ? :icon_redface: , and i also only have muck boots which maby make me feet very hot and are abit heavy, i have waterproof boots but are not very tall so if i come to deep water im fecked

Just like stripper kecks, bet your bird will love a bit of them...! :rolleyes::laugh: :laugh:

:laugh: fell into that one :icon_eek:

pair of dickies work trousers and an army jacket, reproof them if necessary (easy now days just bung them in the washing machine with a proprietary reproofing agent) if going through bramble and gorse then a wax jacket and wax leggings. I always pick up a second hand wax jacket at a boot fair, lasts the season for about a fiver, going to give tregings ago this season, keep your arse drier!!

a good pair of muckboots are fine they may be a bit heavy but mine are comfortable. Just wear stuff that makes you waterproof but is light and comfortable. Who gives a toss what you look like and by the 5 th drive no one will care believe me. More chance of being too warm this week but you will get wet. A pair of waterproof gloves is a good buy and if your wearing boots a good pair of gaiters.a couple of bars of chocolate and a little bottle of water and your ready to go.

Fertiliser bags wrapped round yer ankels. Fertiliser bag hole cut in top and side over yeh head perfect you younguns are spoilt. Lol

I can remember cutting the corner off one and placing it on my head with bailor twine holding it on !!

I would NEVER wear muckboots, Boots and gaiters all the way for me. Skip hat with a bright colour on it, lets the guns etc see you as you near the butts.

Well I've never been Grouse beating before but I'd be wearing what I would for Partridge in september with maybe the addition of a decent pair a gaitors. Smart olive mole skins/trousers, shirt + tie, gillet or light fleece, boots + gaitors. I'd have a light set of water proofs too. Can't see ya going far wrong with that.

If you wear a shirt (t-shirt) and a light bodywarmer or waist coat so you don't over heat, also light trousers. I'd wear boots and gaiters. Bring a wee waterproof jacket in your pocket and a bottle of water. When your faced with a steep hill in front of you and too much clothes on you will sweat like pig.

PS: don't give a f**k what other people think you look like when out on the hill as long as your comfortable, happy beating and keep that flag going!!!!

thanks mate how would jeans go down ?