Rabbit Shooting Using A Sub 12 Ft / Lb Air Rifle

A few more Rabbits 12th August

This clip shows pest control, the control of wild rabbits.
Please do not view if the content is likely to cause offense.
This short video clip will show you how I carry out Pest Control / Rabbit Control using a Weihrauch HW100 KT .177 Pre-Charged Air Powered Rifle.The rifle being used in this DVD is a sub 12ft/lb model that does not require a firearms certificate to be granted under current UK legislation
You can buy the full length DVDs direct from me at the site
http://sh-pc.co.uk/DVD_Sales_Page.html

• Like 8

• 2 weeks later...

good shooting, an air rifle needs to be 12ft per pound for rabbit otherwise youl need to be litrally sat right on top of them for a kill! great stuff though mate :thumbs:

I've managed with a 10.5ftlb* .22 before, you've just gotta be realistic with range and only take headshots.

great video, always interesting to watch other people hunting. :-)

It does make a difference, a rabbits gonna drop faster with a 200ftlb .303 than a 9ftlb .22 air rifle pellet (the biggest irony of anti's campaigning for gun control is that if we had access to higher power weapons, kills would be quicker and more humane. When people can only carry 5.5ftlb air pistols on farms your gonna wing more pidgeons than you dispatch with a clean shot).

A compitant shooter can manage with lower power, I'm fairly happy with 10.5 ftlb air rifle for popping the odd rabbit, but I wouldn't use a 9ftlb, as I'm not convinced I could judge the range/be accurate enough, but I'm sure people can.

Skill is a big factor in shooting and its the only way we can work with the ridiculas gun laws we have in the UK.

• 2 weeks later...

Enjoyed that mate, used to do a lot of air rifle shooting myself with an air arms S410 so it brought back many a good memory. Id have another one tomorrow if we were the same as mainland UK,but we need a firearms certificate even for a 12ft lb and it takes an age to get.

Well it looks like it is just around the corner at the moment when we too will need a licence for sub 12ft/lb

The Scottish Parliament Public Petitions Committee hearing evidence on the 3rd September on why airgun licensing would be disproportionate and unworkable.

Remember ! Once it is passed in Scotland it is only a matter of time until it will be introduced throughout the whole of the UK.

I hope you have all signed the petition on this ridiculous proposal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyTj4xxJleQ

Please help by signing the online petition.

http://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/scottish-government-to-drop-all-proposals-to-licence-airguns-in-scotland