Opinions On The Hammerli Black Force 800

The black force 800 is made by Smk and is the same as the SMK SYNSG i have no experience of this model. Some Chinese guns can be tuned and shoot reasonably after but with a price tag of between £150-£180 if it was my money i would look for a second hand reputable branded European rifle

• Like 3

HW80s are absolutely horrible at 12ft/lb.

How the hell have you come to that conclusion?? If you've only shot one it must've been a very bad example.

I've shot 2 different HW80s. Both brand new shop bought guns. They are accurate but the recoil compared to other springers is brutal and unnecessary for a sub 12ft/lb rifle. They are designed as 20-30 ft/lb air rifles and at 12ft/lb they just aren't efficient. I suspect with some work they can shoot a lot better but I would not recommend an HW80 @ 12ft/lb for a new shooter.

Maybe "absolutely horrible" is overboard. First choice for a FAC springer.

HW80s are absolutely horrible at 12ft/lb.

How the hell have you come to that conclusion?? If you've only shot one it must've been a very bad example.

I've shot 2 different HW80s. Both brand new shop bought guns. They are accurate but the recoil compared to other springers is brutal and unnecessary for a sub 12ft/lb rifle. They are designed as 20-30 ft/lb air rifles and at 12ft/lb they just aren't efficient. I suspect with some work they can shoot a lot better but I would not recommend an HW80 @ 12ft/lb for a new shooter.

Maybe "absolutely horrible" is overboard. First choice for a FAC springer.

Sorry, mate but what you're saying is just wrong.

For a start in FAC or export spec. they run at around 18 from the factory. They can be turned up to low to mid twentys before they turn really rough.

Why would you think that a springer set at between 20 and 30 would be less harsh to shoot than one that's set below 12? Just think about it.......

• Like 3

All this bout the HW80, I've got a BSA Lightning XL in .22 caliber for sale in my signature.

You'd have a good beginners/advanced break barrel rifle before the dust settles here ;)

Hahahaha :laugh:

Edited by GSkye
  • Like 1