Redtail Arrives

charlie caller

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He is doing brill mate,coming full creance length pretty instant, hammering the recall lure, coming off it to the fist when he has finished his feed,and most importantly lol, he is coming out of trees

Cheers lads I am like the terminator lol and absolutely will not stop until he is killing

Don't want to rush him, want to be sure about trees in strange places before I take the plunge, but on the other hand, I don't want to hold the lad back either

Well I am still chasing that elusive first kill :icon_eek: he needs a bit more training for lamping (as expected) he will only chase if he is right on top of them, when they bolt, and thats not always easy to engineer, cos you never get a good tight squatter where you want one, he has been so close in the daytime a few times now, he even took it apon himself to do a little soaring flight over a warren, and dropped like a stone, but the problem is there are that many holes, that the bunnies only have to make a couple of yards and they are down a hole, but we will keep trying, and it will happen, even if we have to wait until some cover dies down and get ferreting, oh he did catch two frogs the other day, but I probably wont put that in the game book :D

• Like 1

Well I am still chasing that elusive first kill :icon_eek: he needs a bit more training for lamping (as expected) he will only chase if he is right on top of them, when they bolt, and thats not always easy to engineer, cos you never get a good tight squatter where you want one, he has been so close in the daytime a few times now, he even took it apon himself to do a little soaring flight over a warren, and dropped like a stone, but the problem is there are that many holes, that the bunnies only have to make a couple of yards and they are down a hole, but we will keep trying, and it will happen, even if we have to wait until some cover dies down and get ferreting, oh he did catch two frogs the other day, but I probably wont put that in the game book :D

Wont be long now mate, the nettles are starting to curl over around here, couldnt happen any quicker

Yes mate, very unfortunate, had to go I am afraid started to get vocal,and I have very picky neighbours, a shame as the bird was spot on and nailed its first bunny last week, If it was not for the bloody neighbours, I would have waited for it to quieten down, but I cant afford any hassle,but the upside is I think I may have just found what I am looking for, will update as and when.

Yes mate, very unfortunate, had to go I am afraid started to get vocal,and I have very picky neighbours, a shame as the bird was spot on and nailed its first bunny last week, If it was not for the bloody neighbours, I would have waited for it to quieten down, but I cant afford any hassle,but the upside is I think I may have just found what I am looking for, will update as and when.

Sorry to hear that mate, thought the bird was a male so assumed somebody was using your picture

Cheers mate so did I but the bloodtest came back female so there we go, but these things happen as the breeder said when I was talking to him about it, you left it with the parents the correct amount of time and did everything right but just got unlucky, I am convinced it would have shut up killing regular, but I cant afford to wait with my neighbours, last thing I need is hassle from them, but hayho as I said I have my eye on something else so hopefully all is not lost :thumbs:

• Like 1