Redtail Arrives

charlie caller

Afraid I cant see anything fella?

Anyway an update on Bubbas progress,he has been coming on well on the creance, managing full length flights pretty quick now,put him in a dead tree today, did a recall to check his response, all ok, dropped the recall lure under the tree, and a couple of twitches and a steady pull and he was on it :thumbs: well chuffed, waited while he had eaten his food and lost a bit of intrest in the lure and called him back to the fist, he left the lure and was straight back, so another milestone passed, well on his way now :D

Good luck with him mate looking forward to seeing him on his first kill.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He is doing brill mate,coming full creance length pretty instant, hammering the recall lure, coming off it to the fist when he has finished his feed,and most importantly lol, he is coming out of trees

Cheers lads I am like the terminator lol and absolutely will not stop until he is killing

Don't want to rush him, want to be sure about trees in strange places before I take the plunge, but on the other hand, I don't want to hold the lad back either

Afraid I cant see anything fella?

Anyway an update on Bubbas progress,he has been coming on well on the creance, managing full length flights pretty quick now,put him in a dead tree today, did a recall to check his response, all ok, dropped the recall lure under the tree, and a couple of twitches and a steady pull and he was on it :thumbs: well chuffed, waited while he had eaten his food and lost a bit of intrest in the lure and called him back to the fist, he left the lure and was straight back, so another milestone passed, well on his way now :D

Good luck with him mate looking forward to seeing him on his first kill.

Thanks mate, something tells me it wont be that long :yes:

He is doing brill mate,coming full creance length pretty instant, hammering the recall lure, coming off it to the fist when he has finished his feed,and most importantly lol, he is coming out of trees both to fist and lure, will test him at his current weight 2lb7oz for a bit longer then he will be free, I will let him have a go at a bunny carcass, then onto the real thing, if he nails them like he nails the lure, oh dear poor bunnies :yes:

• Like 3

He is doing brill mate,coming full creance length pretty instant, hammering the recall lure, coming off it to the fist when he has finished his feed,and most importantly lol, he is coming out of trees both to fist and lure, will test him at his current weight 2lb7oz for a bit longer then he will be free, I will let him have a go at a bunny carcass, then onto the real thing, if he nails them like he nails the lure, oh dear poor bunnies :yes:

Carnt wait to see him at it!

Yes I was pleased with that,as I say he was a bit slow but nothing major, but I fully expected him to be, as its the first time he has flown in the dark :icon_eek: but he landed perfectly, only did 6 flights with big rewards on the glove, so I hope he will remember that little outing, it wont be long now before he is free, mixed feelings as always, want to do it but don't, if you get my drift, but I will grow a pair soon :laugh:

• Like 1

Nailed a rabbit carcass like his life depended on it today, managed the trade off without too much hassle, let him have a good feed up on it first, so his weight will be up tomorrow,but if all ok going to try for his first kill at some point this week :D

Great mate carnt wait to see him on a kill, im lamping tommorow try and get mine his first rabbit on the lamp, fingers crossed

Best of luck mate, they tend to miss one or two at first until they get the idea, I found with mine at first it helped if I had the beam ever so slightly in front of the rabbit as it ran, as if you were leading it with a shotgun, I might be wrong but I think it encourages them onto the head, as I noticed mine grabbed the first one or two a bit far back, and the other plus point with lamping is you can have them a little higher in weight, in fact when I put mine up it seemed to make her chase all the harder at night, just need to get Bubba his first kill then I will have him out lamping :thumbs: cant wait.