"Hingle" pheasent trap/snare

H&J; Despite DW's shouting and screaming, I'm not trying to act as the voice of ye moral conciounce, mate. Just helping ye not make a f*ck up that'll haunt ye.

Bottom line is that, in uk today, it's illegal to use just about anything but a gun to take proscribed birds. And only they can be taken. And they only in their proscribed season. It really is as simple as that. Even shooting the damn things is covered by various laws.

Obviously, there are certain exceptions. Some people can take other birds, by other methods. But those people know full well who they are. You don't know ye one of them? Ye not. So ye can't do it. Ok? About as much as You can do - legally - is shoot the things where ye have written permission to do so. Anything else ye hear of will now be illegal.

That said, I can only repeat: I'm simply pointing out the spirit of the laws in your country. Wether ye want to break those laws of not is really of no concern of mine. I just thought it might help for ye to Know, before ye start slapping up posts and pictures of illegally taken stuff :whistling:

I´ll give them a go and let you know how I get on

Definitly let us know hwo you get on scuba.

Ditch, I doubt I will be using any snares to catch pheasents. To many dog walkers and doo gooders about, far too risky. I may give the one poacherjoe said ago on a mates small farm, where it would be safe to use.

I saw this trap on "old ways of the poacher 2" by the warrener. Just interested me :thumbs:

Another type of pheasent trap I like the look of is the 'stove pipe' trap. Just a foot long piece of pipe (6" diameter I think? :hmm:) with one end covered in mesh. Then leave a trail of corn going into it and apparently the pheasent will walk in but they cant walk backwards so they are 'trapped'. Sounds good, not sure if it would work though!

Has anyone tried that?

Cheers,

H&J :victory::thumbs:

Edited by Hob&Jill

Another type of pheasent trap I like the look of is the 'stove pipe' trap.

Now that might be classed as a 'cage trap' so could be OK

Thats more like it :D

So is it 100% illegal to snare pheasents, even if you had permission to do so?

Guest Ditch_Shitter

:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash: Ok. I'll type this Ve e e e ry Slowly. Ok?

In uk - All of it. Wales, Scotland, Ulster too - it's 100%, right off the chart ILLEGAL to use ANY form of snare for ANY sort of bird, under Any conditions, by ANYONE. Period.

There are No exceptions. No lisences. No permissions. No 'rights'. Been on the statute books since 1954. Get caught setting snares for birds and they'll throw the book at ye. Ok? Now I'll f*ck off and put my time to a better use. There's really nothing more I can say, is there? Except maybe; Pul Eeease don't go and be a c*** and give the Anti's yet another loaded stick to beat all us sensible, right thinking and law abiding Field Sports people with.

totally changing the subject here,

but any of you lot read

"danny the champion of the world" by roald dahl

made around 76 by puffin books

my other half read it as a kid, told me about it and we picked up a copy at a boot sale, its all about poaching and is a bloody good read, even though it was market'd as a kids story

gives some really good idea's for catching pheasant using "raisins"

totally changing the subject here,

but any of you lot read

"danny the champion of the world" by roald dahl

made around 76 by puffin books

my other half read it as a kid, told me about it and we picked up a copy at a boot sale, its all about poaching and is a bloody good read, even though it was market'd as a kids story

gives some really good idea's for catching pheasant using "raisins"

Oh yes - the 'sticky hat'

:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash: Ok. I'll type this Ve e e e ry Slowly. Ok?

In uk - All of it. Wales, Scotland, Ulster too - it's 100%, right off the chart ILLEGAL to use ANY form of snare for ANY sort of bird, under Any conditions, by ANYONE. Period.

There are No exceptions. No lisences. No permissions. No 'rights'. Been on the statute books since 1954. Get caught setting snares for birds and they'll throw the book at ye. Ok? Now I'll f*ck off and put my time to a better use. There's really nothing more I can say, is there? Except maybe; Pul Eeease don't go and be a c*** and give the Anti's yet another loaded stick to beat all us sensible, right thinking and law abiding Field Sports people with.

Edited slightly :D

Lets leave it as it is.

Edited by Hob&Jill
Guest Scuba1

Look people, I´ll try them, just because I can, as here I can get rid of any animal that is a threat to the crop of the owner of the land. period and end of story. Only rule that we have is, I can not shoot at any animal that is smaler then .22 . I know it is a bit of a mess, when one uses a 22 WMR for a mouse or a rat but it works. I do pop rabbits that I or my snakes want for food with an air rifle but that is not quite inside the law here .... hell its a .22 as well.

ATB

Michael

• 14 years later...