Sign in to follow this  
youcanthide...BANG

Made My First Catapult

There ye go pal!!!

No stopping you now...

Gonna crack a few more recycled hdpe cattys next week.... theres something satisfying about them :yes:

Just put a melt on, better attempt but still not what i want it to be even with 6 milk bottles, gonna go all out with about 10 milk bottles and get a big block lol. Hopefully have the catty finished by Thursday or Friday, will put pics up then

Edited by youcanthide...BANG

If it's any help, mate, I made a block last night - finally got it to work! - about 5 X 6 inches and a little over 1/2 inch thick. Used 5 milk bottles (4 pinters) and lids, added a couple of 'Vanish' powder containers for colour, and squashed with G clamps for better pressure.

I cut the pieces smaller this time - less than 1/2 inch square - and they softened a lot more evenly.Think that's where I'd been going wrong!!

Good luck ,pal !!

Edited by Blackbriar

Its not the making the catty that is the difficult part....

Its cutting the fecking cartons up!!!

• Like 1

Try cutting the cartons up in a long snake, and then just snip them down into 1 cm pieces once you have a long strip.

A paper shredder will work on thin hdpe :yes:

• Like 1

Try cutting the cartons up in a long snake, and then just snip them down into 1 cm pieces once you have a long strip.

f**k it I'll fire the thicker stuff through my mums, if it breaks it breaks! :laugh:

• Like 1

f**k it I'll fire the thicker stuff through my mums, if it breaks it breaks! :laugh:

LOL, you'll be putting sticks in her microwave next. I'd avoid the shredder to be honest! But that's just me :)