• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After trying to find that perfect tree fork for weeks i caved in and had a go at making my first catapult with a board cut, havent a clue what wood it is but after firing 5 12mm leads at one of the bo

Thanks mate, took me ages but im happy with it, gonna give your milk bottle idea next

Heres the micro hdpe bb shooter ive just finished      

Posted Images

That's a quality job. There's nothing better than taking some game with a catty that you made yourself.

It does look like pine. Just be careful, pine has a tendency to split along the grain, even when it is thick and only under light load. Although it's not particularly strong you'll still know all about it when a broken fork tip gets smacked into your face.

That's a quality job. There's nothing better than taking some game with a catty that you made yourself.

It does look like pine. Just be careful, pine has a tendency to split along the grain, even when it is thick and only under light load. Although it's not particularly strong you'll still know all about it when a broken fork tip gets smacked into your face

Thanks mate gonna band it up with singles and shoot it a little then will keep it as a momento, going to have a go at the hdpe milk bottle catty

The chopping boards that you can get in the catering suppliers and even cheaper in the Chinese supermarkets are HDPE. It may speed things up for you. I've never made one using a mould and heat, I just cut frames out of them.

Its a compression mould not a catty shaped,

its actually made of an old broken ferret box as you will see with the half bow in the mould lol.

Might try a catty mould though maybe fimo clay would work, mould around a catty then bake in the oven until it sets then put the hdpe into the mould to cool :hmm: