Ringing? So, You Want To Be A Ringer ....?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Okay. So I'm seeing some heart felt enthusiasm here I'm being asked how and what it's like to get into proper, legal, BTO authorised ringing.   Then I'm being told; " I hope I'm not asking too m

As pete says ...GO FOR IT ! .   I contacted 5 people off there and (i was going to keep this quiet till the trainee form was signed but feck it ) i managed to get a taster day with a chap only h

Can a mod do the tagging/locking what ever it fecking is thing and put this up the top with the wild food bit,bloody good info this and many thanks OP for taking the time. Pinned

:D Push that f**king button and find out, mate!

They're People, ffs. I'm a ringer. What do ye gather I make of 'hunters'? :laugh:

My boss is one of the best, most down to earth blokes I've ever had the pleasure to know. Perhaps I just got dead lucky?

But, it's also ~ I think ~ fair to imagine that arse holes don't get on with other people? So, an arse hole wouldn't keep many Trainees, would they? In fact, if they're so full of vinegar for others; Why would they even go to the trouble of getting their Trainers permit?

No. I suspect the majority of Trainers are bloody decent people. People who care about others and want to put something back in :yes:

Anyway, when all's said and done; You'll be learning about ringing with this person. Not dragging them round, murdering wild creatures in front of them! :laugh:

One of ye might as well be Gay; Doesn't F**king Matter! Ye'll be ringing. Not putting on demonstrations of what ye get up to in the privacy of ye own time! :lol:

Listen; As I type this, I'm watching Eight, perfectly legally and purposefully set bird traps. I've lost count of the birds I've handled today. And it's all providing vital data for simply The Best f**kin bird science crew out there; The BTO.

And, I'm doing this Every Day! I think I've died and gone to heaven!!! :boogy:

Hit that f**king button! Then, stay in touch with me and I'll help walk ye through and will offer ye any support I can.

Another of the lads on here is about to apply for his Trainee's license. He had the grit to keep pressing buttons :yes:

• Like 1

As pete says ...GO FOR IT ! :yes: .

I contacted 5 people off there and (i was going to keep this quiet till the trainee form was signed but feck it :laugh: ) i managed to get a taster day with a chap only half hrs drive from me, all things went well and he seemed to be impressed with my early arrival more than anything really :D , i did ring 3 birds which was nerve wrecking but hey ..ya gotta start somewhere. i was in the company of my "future" trainer and two other chaps who blew me away with all the "bird" talk between them....it was a feckin great morning out and i cant wait for him to call me for the next outing.I shook my trainers hand as i left and he said ...next time we meet ill sign your trainee form.... :boogy::boogy::boogy: ..Cant get better than that :yes: .

And its all thanks to pete...he gave me the kick up the arse i needed to get my trainees licence..cheers pete :good:

• Like 5

Aidy; I could sell a glass of water to a drowning man :yes:

But; I'd first have to Know that this was the best water Ever, bar none.

Now, Mr Wilkes there bought into my sales pitch. So much so that he put his money where his mouth is.

And, if you could see the PM's that have just passed between us? Ye'd see how much Absolute delight his progression is generating for Both of us! :boogy:

I'm bouncing off the walls, for him, here! This is possibly an even greater pleasure than I find in ringing, myself. Seeing someone else discover what I share in.

" Go for it "? Please do! And Stick At It! F**k the frustrations. The lack of responses. The arseholes making excuses ~ because enough have met that and given up, look. The system's not perfect. And we're all human.

Mr Wilkes is as my first born. He's on the road! And I'm absolutely ecstatic! :toast:

So, yeah, You go for it! Make My Day! :D

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I've never heard if this Pete is this a government run program with volunteers or do these guys get paid do they ring any bird or just british or certain areas ,sorry I've never heard of this before

Please put me in the know

Cheers

• 8 months later...

Well its been 9 months since i started training and i look forward to every ringing session like it was my 1st. i ringed approx 700 birds in my 1st year (june - dec) of 35 species, and have added (without checking my log) approx 200 from jan to now...its a feckin drug the more i do the more i want..i urge anyone who has a interest in birds to give it a go..you never know you just might like it ;) .

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Well its been 9 months since i started training and i look forward to every ringing session like it was my 1st. i ringed approx 700 birds in my 1st year (june - dec) of 35 species, and have added (without checking my log) approx 200 from jan to now...its a feckin drug the more i do the more i want..i urge anyone who has a interest in birds to give it a go..you never know you just might like it ;) .

Hi Mr Wilkes, do you ever ring on an island on a river?

Get a few pics put up mate...

At this moment in time with being a trainee i only ring on my trainers sites under his tuition, but when i gain my "C" permit and with his say so i can ring where ever i can get permission to. ill try and sort some pics out.

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...