Sony Handycam Dcr Sr55E

Sorry mickeyfn19, its was actionman that said he had a couple of camcorders left for a rainy day,lol. I'm looking for one to try the diy nv, but after reading these forums does make you want to buy all the parts and have a go at making your own.

Mickey

unfortunately i have sold the 4 that i had,if you are looking for a decent camera board to build your own with then this one is really good,you will need to get either a 12mm or 16mm day/night IR lense as well to focus on the crosshairs of your scope properly though. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/700TVL-1-3-SONY-Super-HAD-CCD-II-Color-Camera-Board-PAL-3-6-6mm-Lens-Effio-E-CC-/221298930451?pt=UK_CCTV&hash=item338671b313

thanks actionman, I may get away with a bullet camera, but a board camera, I wouldn't know where to start, where do you get the housing and how does it fit together?.

Mickey.

its a bit of a job but i build mine into a little box and mount the joystick controller to the outside....a bullet cam is easier and you can still swap the lense for a 16mm,just mount it inside a tube that slips over the end of your scope. :0)

Monochrome (b&w) cameras such as the watec 902h don't have an ir filter,only colour cams have it to adjust the colours for daytime otherwise they look a bit strange/washed out due to IR light in daylight.

You don't have to remove the ir filter from all cams,the better quality colour day/night cams will still peform perfectly well for airgun ranges and if the plan is to record daytime shooting it might be better to leave it in place if the cam is good enough when used at night to do what you want it to do.

The benefit of removing the filter will mean the cam will pick up more of the ir light that you throw down range,this varies quite a bit from a small improvement to a great improvement,it also means a smaller lens ir torch could be used in some case's especially at closer range,although the cheaper board cams do tend to benefit the most from removing the ir filter, left in place on cheapy's they don't seem to do as well as the more pricey cams at night.

Edited by weebster