Sony Handycam Dcr Sr55E

its not really all that cheap though. im looking to keep the screen battery pack and camera around the £40 mark. what is it about the camera that makes it bad?

:icon_eek: .... :blink: ....from what I've read about the camera you've linked to it's hard to make out exactly what type and size sensor it is but to point out a couple of downfalls....

Not suitable to pal....not really a big problem as most screens cater for both usa/uk region formats

130 degree lens would give you a great image of the inside of your scope,whether you could change the lens is something you would have to ask the seller

The biggest pitfall is it's a reversing camera so the image it sends to your screen may well be a mirror image....like looking in your rear view mirror at an object at the rear of your car....some of these cams are made that way,others have an inbuilt menu to change from normal to mirror but I doubt very much there is any 'menu' settings with this cam.

And if you do manage to build something that works as well as the 'cheapy' cam for £40 all in please post it on here,there will be a few hundred other's wanting to know the parts required :laugh:

Edited by weebster

Looks fine and a good price,only difficult bit is if it as an on screen display the control for this maybe on the cable rather than the camera body.

Have a look on the pigeon watch forum under the diy section,bloke called evo has done a fair bit with these types of camera and will no doubt point you in the right direction,although sadly I doubt it will come in at £40!

Loads of budget builds on here in the nv section as well http://www.airgunforum.co.uk/forums/forum.php

Edited by weebster

Sorry mickeyfn19, its was actionman that said he had a couple of camcorders left for a rainy day,lol. I'm looking for one to try the diy nv, but after reading these forums does make you want to buy all the parts and have a go at making your own.

Mickey

so far, all parts from good ol' china its going to come to around £42 inc p+p. of course i already have a converter cree q5. tested it with my cctv camera and seems to work well. very strong at about 50 yards with tight beam, i mean it washes out at that range. and i see miki. why not good for what im doing. i could send you the list of parts and the price.