Royal Mail & Airguns (New As Of August 2013)

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm sure that you all know of the changes that Royal Mail tried to implement last year/early this year? IE the banning of carriage of airguns and their component parts? This would have fecked us all

A Bbs member has had his Fx verminator seized by Rm copied from Bbs   I sent a fx verminator to Scotland on Tuesday in its original case bubble wrapped and in cardboard box..by rmsd £25 with compe

Just read the above. I may be being cynical, but I reckon there's 'other forces' at work here. It's no coincidence that the Scottish government have been trying to ban airguns altogether, We had rio

Hi I was just about to pack and send my theoben rapid 7 mk 2 as some one wanted to buy it off this site I'm just wondering if its even safe to do now or is there ne over way of sending it ???

Not looked into it,but heard this lot carry air rifles,best get confirmation first.

http://www.awexpress.com/

Thair must be loads of rifles being posted every week,only a few are being sent to Ireland....so its a bit of a lottey.

I am the guy whos R10 is in Belfast,so unless your sending it to Scotland,where the risk seems to be greater,you should be fine.As a precaution,i would mark for road travel only on the box,and empty the buddy bottle completely.

• Like 3

I want to send my HW95 to sandwell field sports, do i risk royal mail or find a courier? any recommendations? or should i just do £50 on fuel and the 310 mile round trip?

I sent my hw97 to SFS just over 2 months ago,by Parcel Force 48hr the approved courier for air rifles.Got thair not a problem,and returned 5 weeks later without a hitch.Its the bloody idiots at the x-ray machine thats the proble.I cant help but notice the 2 other people that had gun related gear sent to Belfast,were all staying in Scotland,i am in Glasgow.Seems more like a scottish problem just now :hmm: I cant tell you to post your gun it will be safe,thats a decision for you to make mate..For piece of mind,you could phone Tony and ask him if he has had any problems with peoples guns being held by royal mail....i have never heard of anyone having an issue.

hth

Brian

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

Hi bud I got the same problem with Royal Mail I bought hw80 from a guy in Birmingham area and he send it by Royal Mail the rifle never arrived to Cardiff I contact Royal Mail they said its a prohibited item and I have no right to discussed or to make any complain or take it further, it was totally unfair reaction from Royal Mail that's why I stop using there service for anything I lost £185 in that rifle and it was HW80 sub12ftbs (11.2 ftbs) :( I am gutted but nothing to do :(

• Like 1

I want to send my HW95 to sandwell field sports, do i risk royal mail or find a courier? any recommendations? or should i just do £50 on fuel and the 310 mile round trip?

I sent my hw97 to SFS just over 2 months ago,by Parcel Force 48hr the approved courier for air rifles.Got thair not a problem,and returned 5 weeks later without a hitch.Its the bloody idiots at the x-ray machine thats the proble.I cant help but notice the 2 other people that had gun related gear sent to Belfast,were all staying in Scotland,i am in Glasgow.Seems more like a scottish problem just now :hmm: I cant tell you to post your gun it will be safe,thats a decision for you to make mate..For piece of mind,you could phone Tony and ask him if he has had any problems with peoples guns being held by royal mail....i have never heard of anyone having an issue.

hth

Brian

Hi Brian .... I have problem!! Last year HW80 send from Birmingham to me here in Cardiff was confiscated and stopped by Royal Mail they refuse even to accept or investigate or talk about it :( I am gutted it was within legal limit 11.2 ftbs ... And I lost £185 pounds in that rifle :(

• Like 1

hth

Brian

Hi Brian .... I have problem!! Last year HW80 send from Birmingham to me here in Cardiff was confiscated and stopped by Royal Mail they refuse even to accept or investigate or talk about it :( I am gutted it was within legal limit 11.2 ftbs ... And I lost £185 pounds in that rifle :(

I hate RM,thair desicion making on Air Rifles and what gets destroyed,is all over the place,they have not got a clue.

You could send 2 identical air rifles by RMSD,one could get destroyed,the other forwarded on to you,with a letter of apoligise.

They sent my buddy bottle back to me with my r10,with that letter,but destroyed another chaps identical buddy bottle,that was also empty,worst bit is,i supplied him with my letter of apoligise,and all my correspondence with RMCS...they wont even take it into consideration,or look at it.His case is with the adjutecater just now...not looking to good.

Was your hw80, definetly under 12ftlb.The reason i ask,when it is sent to the return centre in Belfast they will test is...well you would think they would.What was thair reason for destroying it,they have to give you it in writing.What did thair Customer Services say.You can contact the Postal Review Board....but from what i have been hearing,they are just as inept,and dont give a toss.Unfortunetly,it,s probably to late now anyway.Its bloody crazy,you use the correct service they recommend,and still they destroy your property.Bottom line is.It,s one guys desicion standing at an x-ray machine,wether it goes to Belfast for inspection,and one guys desicion in Belfast wether you ever see your property again...my R10 was a mile from my front door,and stll they sent it to Belfast.Only safeiish way is PF48hr,but limited insurance,or your local RFD can sen it out via his courier.

Brian

Edited by whistler1
  • 2 months later...

I took this from the Parcelforce website:

General prohibitions and restrictions

The below sets out the requirements that apply to Retail customers only. For full details of the requirements that apply to Account customers, please see our Account Prohibitions and Restrictions

RESTRICTED GOODS

Arms and Ammunition

Low-powered air weapons (air rifles, air guns and air pistols), together with lead pellets and other airgun and airsoft projectiles, can be sent but are subject to the following conditions:
1. These items must be sent on an express48 service only
2. These items must be sent via the Post Office® only (not via any other channel e.g. www.parcelforce.com, call-centre, reseller or Parcelforce Worldwide depot).
3. Enhanced compensation cover is not available (low-powered air rifles, air guns or air pistols and lead pellets and other airgun and airsoft projectiles will only be covered up to the maximum amount of inclusive cover for express48).
Note: Low powered air weapons are defined as air rifles, air guns or air pistols capable of discharging a missile so that the missile has, on being discharged from the muzzle of the weapon, kinetic energy not in excess, in the case of an air pistol, of 6ft lb. or, in the case of an air weapon other than air pistol, of 12 ft. lb. Any air rifle, air gun or air pistol which uses or is designed or adapted for use with, a self-contained gas cartridge system is a prohibited weapon and cannot be sent.

If you send an air rifle with them, the insurance cover is very low. Don't try sending a rifle or pistol designed for use with a sparklet type cartridge.

• 2 weeks later...

I just went back to using parcel force48hr 3 weeks ago.Downside your only insured for 100 quid.Up side.PF48hr MAINLAND Delivery are not x-rayed,so it wont be going to Belfast.My rifle got to the buyer a day early.I took it to my local PF Depo,and bye passed the post office jobsworths.You can do it even safer by RFD to RFD transfer.Will be a fee for both buyer and seller...

hth

Brian