Worming Pheasants

• 3 weeks later...

if panacur does not work then try fenzol it is supposed to be a bit stronger but if birds are not snicking dont bother my grass reared birds stood the worst weather i have seen in years and have had no problems with worms at all.another tip for next season is to rake over the ground of your pen in summer as worms are present in the top soil even after birds gone this will get majority on the surface to be burnt off by the sun!!

• 3 weeks later...

the stuff is illegal although its probobly the most used wormer! dont affect the pheasants in any way, if they get too much of it it just goes straight through them so no need to worry. just make sure of no other water source and that they empty all the drinkes before puttin in fresh, their not keen on the stuff. Aaron

• 1 month later...
Every yr I get about 150 pheasants for hawking. This yr a new supplier suggested that I worm them with Panacur sheep wormer due to the wet weather.

Apparently just pour some into the water butt that feeds the drinkers so it goes a milky white colour.

Never heard of this before......any thoughts welcome

Panacur is brillient use it to worm my doga also pheasanta partridge if you get it get the 10% susspention one it stronger. DONT PUT IT IN THE WATER MIX IT IN A JUG DWPENDING ON HOW MUCH YOU NEED AND POUR IN TO A BUCKET HALF FULL OF FEED A MIX WELL IN AND DO ONLY ENOUGH FOR A DAY CARRY ON THID PROSESS FOR 3 DAYS it cant seperate in food but in water it will....