• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Im back   Well I moved finally and ive been here about a week now, Ive still not finished unpacking and "decorating" yet but I have tried to get pictures from start to finish although i did keep fo

Just read topic and good luck to you mate I to agree that money has to much control Over our life's I try to eat as much game as poss I keep Chickens and pigs for the table which r Far bette

Hi mate, thanks for asking. The wood burner gets it bloody roasting! A few times I've had to open to caravan door and shut the vents to let the fire die down a bit as it gets too warm. I think its one

Hi mate thanks for asking, I've partly moved some stuff but I'm not living there yet. I'm aiming to move mid October. I connected the water up yesterday and I'm going on Thursday to build the dog fence. The wall and floor is done ready for the log burner I just want to try and get everything finished before I move out as I have put new floors down and stuff and hit a few problem with burst pipes when I connected the water so its taking longer than I anticipated.

My original move in date was yesterday but I quickly realised that wasn't going to be possible. Two to three weeks and I should be fully living there

Just spotted this. I build shepherds huts and most have wood burners fitted, I build a ply hearth and back board and then tile it with thick slate floor tiles. It works well and the slates hold the heat rather than it all going up the chimney. I would also suggest looking into compost toilets as an alternative to a septic tank. Hope its going well!

Thanks for all your ideas, I have built a concrete hearth and tiled clay tiles over it for the base. I also have a 4foot x 4foot sheet of stainless steel 2mm thick with a 2 inch air gap from the wall from the floor to the window so I hope this will be enough

Just read topic and good luck to you mate

I to agree that money has to much control

Over our life's

I try to eat as much game as poss I keep

Chickens and pigs for the table which r

Far better then the supermarket meat

Grow veg which again Is better snd also

My house has two wood burners 1 with a

Back boiler to do rads

Hope it works out the winter will be tough

But I'm sure it will be worth wile and rewarding

Not relying on the system that's in place ;)

• Like 3
  • 4 weeks later...

Im back :D

Well I moved finally and ive been here about a week now, Ive still not finished unpacking and "decorating" yet but I have tried to get pictures from start to finish although i did keep forgetting as i fell behind on time but I will upload them when its all done.

Obviously I now have the internet which I sorted today running at a whole 0.25mb/s :/.

I have water, gas and electric connected up but my log burner should be here on friday hopefully so I wont be using the gas fire. I am just trying to find a metre of twin wall flue cheap! f**k thats expensive!

The dogs are loving it here although all the game seems to have politely f****d off now ive moved here! :(

Cheers for the support. Not been too cold yet, Ive barely had the fire on although im sure the temp at night will drop fast now so Im getting the burner fitted asap!

• Like 4

Yer mate, my dads down next week but I'll try and work it around Wednesday, I'm going to walk down to my new perm tomorrow if the weather isn't stupid and then I'll try and get that land by the moss too. My log burner came today too :D

Thanks esoxlusious!