Homemade Nightvision For Air Rifles

1/3 bullet camera get a sony effi there around £60 this is the most important bit

12v lithium battery ebay £8

12mm board lens £3 this is the correct lens size whish will give you the closest sight to wat u would see if ur eye was looking through it.

tft lcd 12v screen £10 ebay various sizes available from 2.5 to 5" I went for 3.5

red and blue gel filter to put over ur lamp if its a led one forget about it as the light a led emits will not pass through any filter very well

and a few other wee bit and bobs rca to bca adapter for cam to lcd and a power splitter 3.5mm power lead £2ish

for mounting the best I have seen is off a guy on utube called rollaids bench look at his vid 3.0 I think he has it set up so one bolt removes everything I have copied this idea on to mine.

good luck its easier than you think

... a 16mm board lense is better,and build a dedicated ir torch. p.m me if you need any further help,i build and sell them. :yes:

1/3 bullet camera get a sony effi there around £60 this is the most important bit

12mm board lens £3 this is the correct lens size whish will give you the closest sight to wat u would see if ur eye was looking through it.

tft lcd 12v screen £10 ebay various sizes available from 2.5 to 5" I went for 3.5

red and blue gel filter to put over ur lamp if its a led one forget about it as the light a led emits will not pass through any filter very well

and a few other wee bit and bobs rca to bca adapter for cam to lcd and a power splitter 3.5mm power lead £2ish

for mounting the best I have seen is off a guy on utube called rollaids bench look at his vid 3.0 I think he has it set up so one bolt removes everything I have copied this idea on to mine.

... a 16mm board lense is better,and build a dedicated ir torch. p.m me if you need any further help,i build and sell them. :yes:
:thumbs: and they look better than some you can buy for double the money :yes:

Some real cleaver people about, sound easy but then I would give it a go and it would all end up in the bin.

i thougt that at the start but [BANNED TEXT] i got all my bits delivered it took less than 20mins to put together that included drilling a few hole.

thanks Andy youre too kind mate :thumbs:

thanks Andy youre too kind mate :thumbs:

some like 16mm board lense some 12mm the 16mm zooms right in and you will not see the circle scope shape, gives you slightly more zoom restricts parameters of scope/see less basically. for the 12mm lens its more what your eye would see looking throug the scope on screen you will see a circle with the image in the center its personal preference to what you like get both and try as this is what i have done and decided i prefer the 12mm.

look at rolaidsbench on youtube he shows the the different images which lenses produce

i just bought a sony handycam to mount on the back of my scope. im wondering if i can use a night vision monocular as an illuminator?

you will need an ir laser(850nm) for best results.

would it not make a difference what ccd size it had?? mine is 1/6