Fair Price To Pay.....

I've a cocker bitch coming next week, FTCHxFTCH and I'm paying £350 and that's a friend doing me a massive favour.

A well bred cocker will usually set you back £500 to £600.

That is a massive favour, which ftch's are they?

Can't tell you off hand mate, picking her up midweek and I'll have the names from her pedigree.

Did you get the pup?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

if they are reputable breeders they wont be knocked down. Your buying potential I never quibble on price its a one off capital investment on up to 10 years of a working friendship and sporting compani

just Go and get a pup and get on with it. Unless your a very serious shooter or trialler it wont matter just bond with the pup and take your time training it. Just don't start it until you know its re

Because they're fashionable and Kate Middleton (that was) has got one.

I've a cocker bitch coming next week, FTCHxFTCH and I'm paying £350 and that's a friend doing me a massive favour.

A well bred cocker will usually set you back £500 to £600.

That is a massive favour, which ftch's are they?

Can't tell you off hand mate, picking her up midweek and I'll have the names from her pedigree.

Did you get the pup?

I did mate, just through the door with her, slight mix up in communications she isn't off two FTCH's, both her parents are so her four grandparents are FTCH's.

Legally docked, microchipped and first vaccination, black in colour and a right wee switched on pup she is.

my pups just turned 12 months on tuesday, he has nearly 40 FTCH in his ped and is an absolute plesure to own, train and just be around. i payed £420 in the end as the bloke was origanally after £600 for them and i wasnt really after a cocker but as the pups reached 8 weeks and he still had 2 dogs left he aproached me and we bartered a bit. had i known then how the dog would come along id have gladly payed the £600, im just looking forward to getting a bit of work for him this season now

Cockers were "the" dog to have long before will and kate got one so the prices have risen due to demand. I paid a third more for my ftch x ftch cocker bitch, the whole litter booked before being born, than i did for my ftch x ftch Labrador pup.

Edited by jessdale

:huh: Now I'm confused.

Should I be looking for something with all the FTC bumph, or no?

Are they 'easier' trained or worse to train?

Do I look for a pup from good 'working' stock or FTC etc etc.

Just got my kennel up the other week, and ready to look for a pup in the coming weeks. Totally new to dogs, so excuse my ignorance. :icon_redface:

I know a few field trailers and they wont use their field trial dogs for work, working dogs learn to think,take short cuts and other bad habits!!

its like sheepdog trials etc its all about the competition

You can keep n top of them mate, if you try, at least from what I have seen.

:huh: Now I'm confused.

Should I be looking for something with all the FTC bumph, or no?

Are they 'easier' trained or worse to train?

Do I look for a pup from good 'working' stock or FTC etc etc.

Just got my kennel up the other week, and ready to look for a pup in the coming weeks. Totally new to dogs, so excuse my ignorance. :icon_redface:

If it was me, i'd want both mate :thumbs:

just Go and get a pup and get on with it. Unless your a very serious shooter or trialler it wont matter just bond with the pup and take your time training it. Just don't start it until you know its ready.

Don't blow up your brain over thinking it.

Good luck

• Like 2

Not too worried about the breeding myself,bought a sprocker pup,working parents and farm reared,bushes rabbits very well at 10 months old,might do the odd day beating this year,mad as they come but listens well and paid £75. Spending loads of money doesn't mean anything

• Like 1

Not too worried about the breeding myself,bought a sprocker pup,working parents and farm reared,bushes rabbits very well at 10 months old,might do the odd day beating this year,mad as they come but listens well and paid £75. Spending loads of money doesn't mean anything

Like your style :thumbs:

Same thinking as myself, but NO Way there's going to be anything around our way for that kinda ££.

Spoke with a guy the other day, lookin for £450 for Springer / Cocker cross.

Not out to make a killing off pups or have shelves full of trophies myself, just want a dog that can do it's job, and let me have a go at training it....That could be the hard part. :D

just Go and get a pup and get on with it. Unless your a very serious shooter or trialler it wont matter just bond with the pup and take your time training it. Just don't start it until you know its ready.

Don't blow up your brain over thinking it.

Good luck

Plus one again.

And to the rest of your posts on this topic. This man knows his onions.