Rabbiting Dogs

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

heres mine not one over 21tts thats all use them for mooching and a we bit lamping mostly ferreting

Posted Images

Katchum. Nice hare dog bud but is it any good on rabbits???. Northy where do you find these pics bud there brilliant

Rabbits, hares, they all same to that dog, easy. Wanna buy it? It's for sale, no fault of its own??

If only you were closer :D

• Like 1

044-1.jpg

Mine when he was a bit younger, grew sire, x bred dam, bit of beardie/border, supposedly a dash of beddy, 24" clever dog, bit touchy sometimes, but lives to hunt/catch.

Couple of dog pups from him, to a full Irish staffy, accidental, the b*****d opened two doors to get to her lol. Keen pups though.

IMG_2395_zpsdra43qyj.jpg

IMG_2397_zps0pmxnvef.jpg

I havnt taken many photos this season but these are some of the few I have taken.

The back and tan dog is and has been a very good rabbiting dog infact with out a doubt the best I have seen, and he has thrown a few handy pups post-70168-0-56742000-1457083796_thumb.jpegpost-70168-0-50857900-1457083834_thumb.jpegpost-70168-0-93867500-1457083870_thumb.jpegpost-70168-0-23597200-1457083916_thumb.jpegpost-70168-0-02081000-1457083968_thumb.jpeg

Edited by jcm
  • Like 2
  • 3 months later...

I'm hoping this bitch does more than just bunnys next season (work to the gun, ratting etc) but she's done well on the rabbits so far. Very good catch rate for a youngster, good strike and misses next to nothing. Just hope she continues where she left off when the season comes around...

028BEFFB-4687-4471-9836-E4488D5873C2_zps

• Like 6

As a pure rabbit/edibles dog what do you guys prefer the whippet greyhound or the beddygreyhound

I don't think you will beat the purpose bred lurcher to lurcher types. Similar to those litters that are on the ground now by Socks and D Lloyd.

• Like 2

Never had a grew but beddy grey is spot on if your after a dog with stamina and heart, plenty of pace for rabbits and take other edibles aswell. Good nose if your bushing and will work rabbits any way you want. I am sure grews are spot on aswell but never had one