Sign in to follow this  
arcpest

Help Needed

Hi all I would like to get my 308 rifle opened up to use in the field for fox deer and boar, I already have an open licence on my 22rf but the land I have is no good for the 308 and when I spoke to my firearms they said I would have to have a mentor! so is there anyone in dorset or surrounding areas who would be able to help me out and let me come out with them to get the experience and be my mentor.

I know its a lot to ask but I would appreciate your help with this, I have BASC insurance I also used to run my own pest control company some years back and am very good at trapping moles so if your not to far from me I would be willing to do any mole clearance free of charge in exchange for the help. I don't work due to my disability so am available pretty much any time, pm me if you can help or if you would like to know anything else

Regards

Rick

there is a topic in this months hunting rifle that states the mentor rubbish is to be abolished and help from such as basc should be sufficient,ill read the write up again and come back to you with the correct wording

Hi thanks that would be a great help, when I asked my flo about a change to that rule and she flat said no there wasn't a change and it is what I have to do!

Rick

Just book a couple of days stalking in different areas of the country. Ask for it to be open as you don't wanna go through all the paperwork whenever you fancy a days stalking. They will impose on your ticket that you can only shoot foxes whilst in pursuit of deer ie; no lamping with your 308! If you get boar on your ticket you can ask for the foxing condition to be changed

The way she was saying it I have to have a mentor! she wont open it so I can stalking and even to shoot fox il need a mentor, il have to ring her again and see if they will allow me to do it the way you said.

Thanks

Rick

how long have you had your ticket, how long has it been opened up on your other rifles? and what centrefire rifles are on your open ticket?

If they insist on a mentor say you can't get one and will jull go on paid, accompanied stalking days

Sign in to follow this