I'm In Two Minds Weather To Repair Or Replace

Again...if its a good join then leave well alone. If you open it up again then you'll have the adhesive still on the faces and it will be much more difficult to get a good fit without having to sand the faces flat and then you never get a properly aligned join ;-)

Ohh it seems a very strong bond I put it round my knee like you do when you want to snap a stick I'm a big lad I could break it no matter what I tried so il need nitromors dam I've got sand paper here I think just a little sanding around join its such a small gap I don't think il need filler if I do can you get dark filler ?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Is it your intention to refinish the stock? if so then you should be able to sand the clue line andit might hide alot of what you can see in photo's. If you restain the stock then i would wait to see

You could try 2-3 screwed rod type dowels fixed with an epoxy type resin that's suitable for the materials. Epoxy on the dowels only and a pva wood glue on the faces of the wood. Lightly sand in, clam

If you want to send the butt parts to me and i will glue it up correctly with proper wood glue.

Posted Images

I take it it's a beech stock? If so it will be very light when stripped so brummer would be the best thing which is mostly used for oak but would do for beech. Brummer dries very hard. A dark filler will show up more imho;-)

I have cleaned a load of crap out of this thread so please keep it on topic.

Profit and gunstar. Between you I suggest you stop stalking andy and roger calm your passion.

Cheers.

Have you tried a rub over with a dark wax polish? might be worth a try before you go to all the expense of stripping and staining :thumbs:

Your lass told me what you both get upto with Dark Waxy things :icon_eek::whistling::tongue2::laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

• Like 1

The S200 has a steel rod running down the grip :yes:

If I were you I would repair it :yes: ordinary PVA (wood glue) will suffice :yes:

Sinply sand down the top part of the stock until it meets the lower section then touch up the varnish or oil :thumbs:

Failing that, I can put you in touch with the Craftsman who created this stock for My S200

attachicon.gif200bp.jpg

Tony

Did that come free in a christmas cracker.............................................. :laugh:

Bit more of an update run out of sandpaper now, but back to work tomorrow after 3 months speak to the chippy :thumbs:

Now I'm thinking of going with a Matt finish I have some boile linseed oil in the cupboard will this do?

null_zps33158d22.jpg

null_zps36595251.jpg

null_zps168135c5.jpg

null_zps4cba1909.jpg

null_zps90286f41.jpg

null_zps8d64da28.jpg

null_zps703d4b4e.jpg