I'm In Two Minds Weather To Repair Or Replace

Here is a couple of pictures of a project I thought Id try

null_zpse63d8037.jpg

null_zps21959a3a.jpg

Can anyone give me any tips advise or a good cheap repairer I want to keep this on a tight budget if I can it also has pellet/s stuck which I believe is a common problem

Thanks in advance for any ideas you can as you can see the stok has snapped

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Is it your intention to refinish the stock? if so then you should be able to sand the clue line andit might hide alot of what you can see in photo's. If you restain the stock then i would wait to see

You could try 2-3 screwed rod type dowels fixed with an epoxy type resin that's suitable for the materials. Epoxy on the dowels only and a pva wood glue on the faces of the wood. Lightly sand in, clam

If you want to send the butt parts to me and i will glue it up correctly with proper wood glue.

Posted Images

Thinking a couple of dowels and glue what glue would anyone use just a standard wood glue or a arodite then probably wrap in the crap roll of camo form tape I have the stock is the only thing I'd replace !!

A big thing to concider would be the initial purchase price?. Then you could work out if it would be viable to repair or not, the pellet stuck could also be more of an issue than you might think? why did it get stuck would be one of my main questions.

You could try 2-3 screwed rod type dowels fixed with an epoxy type resin that's suitable for the materials. Epoxy on the dowels only and a pva wood glue on the faces of the wood. Lightly sand in, clamp it and leave it over night. If the 2 pieces fit together well then it wouldn't be noticed unless pointed out. Good wee project...best of luck with it ;-)

• Like 2

The S200 has a steel rod running down the grip :yes:

If I were you I would repair it :yes: ordinary PVA (wood glue) will suffice :yes:

Sinply sand down the top part of the stock until it meets the lower section then touch up the varnish or oil :thumbs:

Failing that, I can put you in touch with the Craftsman who created this stock for My S200

post-18667-0-37468500-1375038832_thumb.jpg

Tony

• Like 1

You could try 2-3 screwed rod type dowels fixed with an epoxy type resin that's suitable for the materials. Epoxy on the dowels only and a pva wood glue on the faces of the wood. Lightly sand in, clamp it and leave it over night. If the 2 pieces fit together well then it wouldn't be noticed unless pointed out. Good wee project...best of luck with it ;-)

You mean threaded bar? I no nothing about wood repair car body repairs or engines no problem wood no idea at all

A brand new 1 piece stock will set you back £147 plus P&P from Chambers

A reasonable offer and I may be persuaded to sell mine now I have the Bull-Pup Stock ;)

I've heard £120 from aa direct!

Cock it then a cleaning rod ? in a shop dont they put a clamp on the barrel and heat it up till the lead melts and it pours out ?.

Really the barrel must like that I think I should re post pellet stuck in the barrell