I'm In Two Minds Weather To Repair Or Replace

Would barrel out be the best route?

Yes it would :yes:

Remove the three grubscrews (two on the breach, one on the barrel/sight block).

Push a Dowel rod or a brass rod through the muzzle, and the breach end, choose the one opposite the nearest end and re-insert the rod/dowel, then slide up and tap the barrel down (in your hands) until the pellets are removed (this is the way a gunsmith does it).

Tony

• Like 1

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Is it your intention to refinish the stock? if so then you should be able to sand the clue line andit might hide alot of what you can see in photo's. If you restain the stock then i would wait to see

You could try 2-3 screwed rod type dowels fixed with an epoxy type resin that's suitable for the materials. Epoxy on the dowels only and a pva wood glue on the faces of the wood. Lightly sand in, clam

If you want to send the butt parts to me and i will glue it up correctly with proper wood glue.

Posted Images

A brand new 1 piece stock will set you back £147 plus P&P from Chambers

A reasonable offer and I may be persuaded to sell mine now I have the Bull-Pup Stock ;)

I've heard £120 from aa direct!

Quite possible :yes: but I don't know if AA deal direct with the public?

Cool if they do :yes:

• Like 1

You could try 2-3 screwed rod type dowels fixed with an epoxy type resin that's suitable for the materials. Epoxy on the dowels only and a pva wood glue on the faces of the wood. Lightly sand in, clamp it and leave it over night. If the 2 pieces fit together well then it wouldn't be noticed unless pointed out. Good wee project...best of luck with it ;-)

You mean threaded bar? I no nothing about wood repair car body repairs or engines no problem wood no idea at all

Yip. Screwed rod...threaded bar. If done correctly and with the right adhesives then it should be stronger than before it was broke. I don't think it's worth spending hundreds of pounds on new stock etc as there's only so much you'll get back for it when you sell. A good project though and and worth while doing ;-)

• Like 1

You could try 2-3 screwed rod type dowels fixed with an epoxy type resin that's suitable for the materials. Epoxy on the dowels only and a pva wood glue on the faces of the wood. Lightly sand in, clamp it and leave it over night. If the 2 pieces fit together well then it wouldn't be noticed unless pointed out. Good wee project...best of luck with it ;-)

You mean threaded bar? I no nothing about wood repair car body repairs or engines no problem wood no idea at all

Yip. Screwed rod...threaded bar. If done correctly and with the right adhesives then it should be stronger than before it was broke. I don't think it's worth spending hundreds of pounds on new stock etc as there's only so much you'll get back for it when you sell. A good project though and and worth while doing ;-)

Apprently there is a rod running down the grip already!!

Apprently there is a rod running down the grip already!!

Didn't know that mate. Do the 2 pieces separate completely?

Yea I will if its been glued already what a real good refinishing product again I can go on Internet reviews but you can never be sure if they are b*+*+x or not ? If I can get a quality product I may sand it right back and go lighter ?!

Yes, the main action fastening is a large steel rod and it bolts through the grip :yes: You will need the T-piece tool in order to remove it, if you don't get it you can make one very easily with a bar of metal or cheap screw-driver.

Yes you can buy a Single Shot Tray and finally if you are skilled with woodwork, then you can adapt other stocks to fit it.

Tony

• Like 1