Foxes Or Rather A Lack Of Them

Is anyone else noticing a lack of foxes on their ground at the moment? I have not seen one for the last 2 or 3 outings, a farm near me that I have shot over for years usually has the damn things everywhere at hay cutting time, speaking to the farmer he was very surprised to have seen none this time,now I am good but not that good lol, but seriously whats going on, and to cap it all it looks like bloody myxy is rearing its ugly head round me too :icon_eek:

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

its because all the shooters have been out shooting the cubs so theres non left for you

Dog's/ Gun's/ Snare's/net's/Traps/Hounds/Terriers,/driven shooting,/wild fowling,/stalking/Hawking They are all means to an end,each one humane in its own right and in the right hands,each one inhuman

Watched 2 cubs 40yds apart tonight just mousing or learning to mouse.I had a .17hmr next to me. No temptation though. It was nice to watch them. Hope to see them again a bit later in the year in an ea

Posted Images

I sat up tue even in a field that had been cut & baled that morning on the lookout for roe ,knowing that the small shoot has got his birds in Charlie would bound to be about as well .nothing ..no roe (which didn't surprise me) but no fox which did ,will be out this evening so will see what comes out ...did count 47 rabbits in a 6 acre field though , 7 of which were jet black , never seen any in the six years iv'e been on there ..

its because all the shooters have been out shooting the cubs so theres non left for you

That statement may have some truth in it were it not for the fact that it would normally be me shooting the cubs :tongue2: and there is only me and one other guy that shoot foxes on there, and he has just had a hand operation, so it isn't him, to be honest I am more concerned about the myxy, as I will be picking up my new hawk in a fortnight, looks like some travelling is in order.

look at the pictures daily of dead foxes placed infront of a nice shiny rifle...and you may have your answer!!! sure...lurchers and terriers account for some...but the new trend with the gun boys is to brag about how far away they can shoot a fox....

• Like 5

look at the pictures daily of dead foxes placed infront of a nice shiny rifle...and you may have your answer!!! sure...lurchers and terriers account for some...but the new trend with the gun boys is to brag about how far away they can shoot a fox....

Well you seem to be missing the point mate that "I am one of the gun boys" but as I have stated on this particular farm, at this time of year I would normally have shot several by now,and I always get an indepth report from the farmer, who considering he makes part of his living from free range poultry is keen to have them removed,but he says he has not seen one on the hay fields which is most unusual,and what difference may I ask does it make at what distance the fox was shot at? Well I cant imagine it makes a lot to the fox, dead is dead mate 50 yards or 500.

Dave people might have nice shinny rifles cos they look after them

• Like 1

That statement may have some truth in it were it not for the fact that it would normally be me shooting the cubs :tongue2: and there is only me and one other guy that shoot foxes on there, and he has just had a hand operation, so it isn't him, to be honest I am more concerned about the myxy, as I will be picking up my new hawk in a fortnight, looks like some travelling is in order.

what hawk you having cc?

spot on mate. Its vulpicide. ive got rifles but i would never assassinate a Fox. Ive seen blokes swelling with pride because theyve just murdered 2 or 3 cubs after sileage has been cut.

• Like 2

spot on mate. Its vulpicide. ive got rifles but i would never assassinate a Fox. Ive seen blokes swelling with pride because theyve just murdered 2 or 3 cubs after sileage has been cut.

What a load of hogwash, so you don't think that a farmer who makes his living (or part of it) from free range poultry, needs to cull foxes then? Swelling with pride or not.

• Like 2