Foxes Or Rather A Lack Of Them

Talk about give ammo to the antis ......the minute all dog work goes , the next in line is the gun ....then the rod ....if that's todays acceptable society leave me out . Enjoy doing what you do & leave everyone else to do the same ,slagging another mans sport is a recipe for disaster ..

• Like 1

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

its because all the shooters have been out shooting the cubs so theres non left for you

Dog's/ Gun's/ Snare's/net's/Traps/Hounds/Terriers,/driven shooting,/wild fowling,/stalking/Hawking They are all means to an end,each one humane in its own right and in the right hands,each one inhuman

Watched 2 cubs 40yds apart tonight just mousing or learning to mouse.I had a .17hmr next to me. No temptation though. It was nice to watch them. Hope to see them again a bit later in the year in an ea

Posted Images

But now we have a really good invention for vermin control it's call the gun,and i know people used dogs for controlling vermin and for filling the pot But Fox who the hell eats Fox ?After reading all the comments on dog work in this post i have come to think dogs should be banned all together for hunting animals, and all the remarks about shooting has made me sit back and think, i now think that shooting should only be carried out on targets such as clays and paper as it is so Cruel to shoot live animals and birds, so i'm off to join a club. :rolleyes:

Yeah but think how cruel you're being to the trees. They didn't ask for their paper to be shredded.

And what about the clay? 1st you put it in a steel box, then heated it for hours and when it finally got is composure together, shattered it back down into pieces.......

I'm off to start a new welfare group.

• Like 1

There is no reason to chase animals all over the country side in order to kill them, those days should have gone along with the black death and polio. Your out of date and out of touch with what is legal and acceptable to todays society.

Acceptable by who,people who take no time to understand what they see, and pass judgement on other peoples methods,I have used most methods and all have there place in the hunting scene,controlling foxes isn't for the amusement of a few with rifles, its a serious business when you lost lambs at a potential of £70 a throw,and the farmers waiting for the gob shite rifle man to turn up, who promised to be there when ever he called,and cant make it for another week,and even then he cant stay all night,I will tell you this, you watch the farmer welcome the terrier man with open arms then,controlling foxe's is a job of very high importance to a farmer,and the traditional methods used have been successful for hundreds of years,and regularly brought communities together, young, old, rich, and poor,and I for one cant sit back and say [i am alright jack ]sod everyone else,My pass times catered for,to think of the job's lost,I normally have time for what you say, but this comment is a load of shite and I hope you said it just to wind people up,

• Like 2

There is no reason to chase animals all over the country side in order to kill them, those days should have gone along with the black death and polio. Your out of date and out of touch with what is legal and acceptable to todays society.

I ask YOU a question do you disagree with our fathers and grand fathers way of life? do you think the gun is the only way forward? if you do you are deluded. can you tell me why your a better hunter with your gun than I am with my dogs when we get to the same end. you as I like to see our prey in the cross hairs but I also like to see my dog on the chase and do his job. with gun or dog there's still the same end.

I ask YOU a question do you disagree with our fathers and grand fathers way of life? do you think the gun is the only way forward? if you do you are deluded. can you tell me why your a better hunter with your gun than I am with my dogs when we get to the same end. as you I like to see our prey in the cross hairs but I also like to see my dog on the chase and do his job. with gun or dog there's still the same end.

"waiting for the gob shite rifle man to turn up, who promised to be there when ever he called,and cant make it for another week,and even then he cant stay all night,I will tell you this, you watch the farmer welcome the terrier man with open arms",

That's a bit of a statement isn't it? So here we go again only dog men are the true hunters and rifle men are just part timers...:hmm:

Talk about give ammo to the antis ......the minute all dog work goes , the next in line is the gun ....then the rod ....if that's todays acceptable society leave me out . Enjoy doing what you do & leave everyone else to do the same ,slagging another mans sport is a recipe for disaster ..

How many Deer you shot with your Rod Rich :boogy:

Last count 132............................. :whistling::whistling: ............feck.gif .................ps give me a shout when someone down your way needs a boar shot now your've packed up shooting animals ...I think that is the right decision for you & is the way forward. If only more people followed your example it would leave the rest of us more opportunity ......... :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Acceptable by who,people who take no time to understand what they see, and pass judgement on other peoples methods,I have used most methods and all have there place in the hunting scene,controlling foxes isn't for the amusement of a few with rifles, its a serious business when you lost lambs at a potential of £70 a throw,and the farmers waiting for the gob shite rifle man to turn up, who promised to be there when ever he called,and cant make it for another week,and even then he cant stay all night,I will tell you this, you watch the farmer welcome the terrier man with open arms then,controlling foxe's is a job of very high importance to a farmer,and the traditional methods used have been successful for hundreds of years,and regularly brought communities together, young, old, rich, and poor,and I for one cant sit back and say [i am alright jack ]sod everyone else,My pass times catered for,to think of the job's lost,I normally have time for what you say, but this comment is a load of shite and I hope you said it just to wind people up,

I ask YOU a question do you disagree with our fathers and grand fathers way of life? do you think the gun is the only way forward? if you do you are deluded. can you tell me why your a better hunter with your gun than I am with my dogs when we get to the same end. you as I like to see our prey in the cross hairs but I also like to see my dog on the chase and do his job. with gun or dog there's still the same end.
Look boys I do feel there is a place for those of you with terriers, as long as there are rats terriers will always have a job

Look boys I do feel there is a place for those of you with terriers, as long as there are rats terriers will always have a job

Rimmer I have had rifles for 27 yrs,27 yrs ago I was shooting foxes with 243's and 222's you didn't invent it,I don't keep terriers but I have seen them work and recognize their ability when used with the right handler,also the lurcher back in the day,also the snare and trap's, sometimes the only way of getting them lamp shy ones, you know the ones that some one missed with the rifle,opp's sorry I know that doesn't happen,Why should it be ok to kill rats with a terrier and not the fox,I think/hope this thread is a lot of little wind ups that's got out of hand,

The trouble with today' society is that when you look back through history it was always live and let live.

Now many of the left of society believe their way is the right way and they have the right to dictate how other people should live.

If they don't like guns, they're shouldn't be guns. If they don't like private landowners, then they should have the right to trample over their land even though most of the land concerned has never been open to the public. If they don't like big houses, then builders should have a new standard of building smaller houses so they fit more in and build estates more like theirs.

Now I'm not saying everyone of a certain political persuasion is like this as I don't intend to turn this into a party political debate. But my real point is that elements of society have lost the concept that just because you don't agree with everything personally, it doesn't mean its not right, and it doesn't mean others shouldn't have the right to enjoy it.

I mean to give another non shooting example - fireworks. Anyone in the UK will know that some people love them, some people hate them. But over the last few years, those that hate them instead of accepting others enjoy them, have been going all out to get them banned, essentially on the basis that they don't like them because they scare animals, they make too much noise etc etc.

In fact I'm going to throw a couple more examples in, not long ago a long established butchers shop that had been there 40 or 50 years from memory, was banned from cutting meat in a morning because a new tenant upstairs objected to the sound of the cleaver. There have been examples of people moving into the countryside and then making noise complaints over farm animals and tractors tilling crops.

That is what society has come down to...

The trouble with today' society is that when you look back through history it was always live and let live.

Now many of the left of society believe their way is the right way and they have the right to dictate how other people should live.

If they don't like guns, they're shouldn't be guns. If they don't like private landowners, then they should have the right to trample over their land even though most of the land concerned has never been open to the public. If they don't like big houses, then builders should have a new standard of building smaller houses so they fit more in and build estates more like theirs.

Now I'm not saying everyone of a certain political persuasion is like this as I don't intend to turn this into a party political debate. But my real point is that elements of society have lost the concept that just because you don't agree with everything personally, it doesn't mean its not right, and it doesn't mean others shouldn't have the right to enjoy it.

I mean to give another non shooting example - fireworks. Anyone in the UK will know that some people love them, some people hate them. But over the last few years, those that hate them instead of accepting others enjoy them, have been going all out to get them banned, essentially on the basis that they don't like them because they scare animals, they make too much noise etc etc.

In fact I'm going to throw a couple more examples in, not long ago a long established butchers shop that had been there 40 or 50 years from memory, was banned from cutting meat in a morning because a new tenant upstairs objected to the sound of the cleaver. There have been examples of people moving into the countryside and then making noise complaints over farm animals and tractors tilling crops.

That is what society has come down to...

my neighbour is like that. they brought/inherited a house in the countryside. the field next to them was muck spread. so they complained to the farmer of the smell!!!!!!

:D I cant stand it any longer, that naughty Rimmer is such a tease lol, I would defend with my last breath the right of a man to run his dog on whatever quarry he chooses, and would never slag another mans sport, a good lurcher or terrier is worth its weight in gold, the problem as I see it is this, because their sport has unfortunately been curtailed by the hunting act, the lurcher and terrier boys(of which I count myself one, although I have no dogs at present) have a big axe to grind and probably feel to some extent let down by the fieldsports community in general, on the one hand it has drawn them all closer together, as they feel as if they are a poor relation now, on the other hand it has created a lot of sour grapes(understandably) and it must hurt when they see other sections of the fs community continuing to carry on largely unhampered, but putting forward the notion that foxes and hares are the sole preserve of themselves and should never be shot (as some seem to think) is quite frankly stupidity and divisive, WE ALL NEED TO STAND TOGETHER AS A UNITED FRONT, we have enough enemies without bickering like school children about bleedin foxes. Rant over.

• Like 2