Driving Fields

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i give it a thumbs down... dog men talk of testing the dog.. well as far as i see it you chase the rabbit/hare/fox down then throw the dog out the window at 20+ mph   not very sporting is it if th

Driving around a field slipping dogs on quarry is in no way hunting or any test for a decent dog ... It's just s way of bad dog men to brag that they have big numbers and bluff themselves that they ha

not with dog, gun or a 4x4.. maybe a field or two across from were i am ment to be (longnet)....   i know farmers that would trench the field if people started on there with 4x4.. i have already bee

So you av never been on land without permission then?

not with dog, gun or a 4x4.. maybe a field or two across from were i am ment to be (longnet)....

i know farmers that would trench the field if people started on there with 4x4.. i have already been asked to net the hare because the dog men cant close a f*****g gate..

if you dog men had just lamped on foot and leave it as you find it and the dog game wouldnt be up shit creek.. on and off before anybody had known..

• Like 10

I prefer to walk, but years ago did do a lot of roadsiding with my old dogs way preban. Not driving the land as such, just running dogs from van/roadside and you cant beat it for the amount of gear you will see in a night. Its has its place like everything in life when done right and respect,ively :thumbs:

• Like 2

I prefer to walk, but years ago did do a lot of roadsiding with my old dogs way preban. Not driving the land as such, just running dogs from van/roadside and you cant beat it for the amount of gear you will see in a night. Its has its place like everything in life when done right and respect,ively :thumbs:

That's what I do mainly if you have a good dog you shouldn't need to even enter the field just slip from the road.

Also the best fox catching team I've ever seen was a bull x a motor driver and blitz. Floor matt over the passenger window dog on the passenger seat driver lamping. Hell of a team.

On some of the big stumbles around here though you need to get into the fields to keep up with a run. Atb

I used to drive the plains at night and some other land but don't go lamping any more only daytime, walking... I put my lamp in storage to stop me going lol. I wouldn't drive a field again I can imagine how land owners feel, how would you feel if someone came on your freshly turfed garden and ripped it up with 4x4? if your walking daytime just a couple of you dog each if caught they usually tell you to get of land, rarely do they ring the police, you get the odd few that do but all part of the game these days... atb

• Like 2

I used to drive the plains at night and some other land but don't go lamping any more only daytime, walking... I put my lamp in storage to stop me going lol. I wouldn't drive a field again I can imagine how land owners feel, how would you feel if someone came on your freshly turfed garden and ripped it up with 4x4? if your walking daytime just a couple of you dog each if caught they usually tell you to get of land, rarely do they ring the police, you get the odd few that do but all part of the game these days... atb

A fair post there mate.

Although gotta say driving with you lot can get abit ... Er .... "emotional" at times lol.

You know what's its like local here though you need a motor sometimes to put the dogs behind a good amount.

Atb

It's a big thumb's down from me and imo it's nothing short of being pure bone idle..if you know the land and where the game is you can walk it and work a route out that will provide you with enough game to carry in one night..the only driving i will ever do is if i'm a passenger on rare occasion's shooting rabbit's on permission with a rimmy.

• Like 2

A fair post there mate.

Although gotta say driving with you lot can get abit ... Er .... "emotional" at times lol.

You know what's its like local here though you need a motor sometimes to put the dogs behind a good amount.

Atb

lol..lol... remember when the hammer hit you in face, same night my bitch pissed on you lol... will never forget that night. then stopped for a kebab to miles from getting chased. nearly knocked my mate out keep screaming like a girl. atb

A fair post there mate.

Atb

lol..lol... remember when the hammer hit you in face, same night my bitch pissed on you lol... will never forget that night. then stopped for a kebab to miles from getting chased. nearly knocked my mate out keep screaming like a girl. atb

Lol yep remember the lot Never seen a night like it there's me sat in the back fat lip covered in piss on the verge of having a Connery and you just pull up to the kebab van and said "fancy some food boys" like we was on a chilled out sunday drive. I still got that pic of us in that sinkhole on my old phone aswell what a drama that was .....

saluki grey has it spot on some farmers are pretty good they will let you on with a jeep to drive grass or stubble fields to cull rabbits but don't no any that would want their freshly sowd fields being churned up it brings a bad name on us all lads who do that leave gates open smash fences etc and that applys to day or night time hunters we all suffer from the actions of the idiots it has a nock on effect :thumbs:

• Like 1

saluki grey has it spot on some farmers are pretty good they will let you on with a jeep to drive grass or stubble fields to cull rabbits but don't no any that would want their freshly sowd fields being churned up it brings a bad name on us all lads who do that leave gates open smash fences etc and that applys to day or night time hunters we all suffer from the actions of the idiots it has a nock on effect :thumbs:

your dead right mixedbag I wont drive any more or lamp, daytime stroll for me nowadays :thumbs:

Driving fields is it a thumbs up or a thumbs down ? is it the new way of lamping

all it is, is a "laugh" for tracksuit wearing rigger booted skinheads, with shite dogs, after they have abused the fat speccy lad working in mcdonalds drive through at 2am (oh and dont forget to crush the flower beds on the roundabouts when you drive home)

Edited by jerry attrick
  • Like 3

A fair post there mate.

Atb

Lol yep remember the lot Never seen a night like it there's me sat in the back fat lip covered in piss on the verge of having a Connery and you just pull up to the kebab van and said "fancy some food boys" like we was on a chilled out sunday drive. I still got that pic of us in that sinkhole on my old phone aswell what a drama that was .....

ha ha get it up mate

we all make mistakes but the way the game is nowadays why make it any worse, especially if you purse big rabbits... atb

You have pm.

True mate we learnt the hard way I think. I wouldn't dream of ploughing across crop fields these days but if they are stubble or hay and the quarries there it's game on. I prefer to roadside these days or use the by lanes. I'm good friends with a young keeper on a 18000 bird estate. He's a good lad for a keeper anyways we have a laugh and he let's me on end of season for abit of ferreting or the odd run on other stuff. He's just lost a good partridge flushing point due to lads driving straight through it he's had deer left in the middle of fields. Like everything there's a right way and a wrong way to go about things.