Driving Fields

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i give it a thumbs down... dog men talk of testing the dog.. well as far as i see it you chase the rabbit/hare/fox down then throw the dog out the window at 20+ mph   not very sporting is it if th

Driving around a field slipping dogs on quarry is in no way hunting or any test for a decent dog ... It's just s way of bad dog men to brag that they have big numbers and bluff themselves that they ha

not with dog, gun or a 4x4.. maybe a field or two across from were i am ment to be (longnet)....   i know farmers that would trench the field if people started on there with 4x4.. i have already bee

Well f***ing said bazel brush f***ing jokes why not just walk I can't see how there dogs would be fitter when every animal they run is chased by a motor first then dogs where the walking lads have a dog at full energy and the quarry at full energy a walking lads dog is surely fitter as they have to chase when the quarry is at full energy and unlike that poor deer being chased by man made machines first absolute joke I av been offered to go 4 by 4 and told them to f**k off and never spoke to them again !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The only thing caught there fairly and Squarely were the wankers in the motor the deer were run to death by the 4x4 and even then the dogs got blown away wouldnt let them lads loose with a ferret and a bag of nets

Edited by desertbred
  • Like 1

Some people are missing the point a bit here, truth is some like some don't , and to be honest why would anyone care if it doesn't involve them ? if your happy with what your doing good look with it.

But to say a dog that is run on walked up quarry is fitter is the biggest load of bollocks I've ever heard, a fit dog is a fit dog wether you lamp on foot or from a car.

I'll put it this way if Mo Farah drove to the shops instead of walking would he not of won a gold medal ? Of course he would because he's still getting the correct training and nutrition.

I've seen plenty of lads dogs that have been used on foot that could barely climb out of the car after a nights driving.

On a good night you can soon burn any dog out, there not machines however fit they are....

• Like 2

Personaly i would say a dog is more taxed on foot as it has to make more distance up rather than being flung out of a car window on something that has been chased around the field to tire it out..and while the the dog is on foot it has to cover in the region of 30mile or more on a good night's lamping...where a dog that has been driven around will have to run and walk less than half that distance in a night..and above all that you will keep yourself half fit in the process of going it on foot..

Well said millet :victory:

Driving around a field slipping dogs on quarry is in no way hunting or any test for a decent dog ... It's just s way of bad dog men to brag that they have big numbers and bluff themselves that they have good dogs ... Take the vehicle away from them and will make them and their dogs looks very average ... If you want to hunt then get out of the truck and learn some field craft by walking the ground ......

Well said, the lads who walk have the best and most tested dogs :victory:

That's the most load of bollox av ever heard FACT

Have you seen the helicopter video footage of lads from your area? here it is :victory:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbgEvJKZT1E

I'm so glad you put this up I seen it yesterday if that video is anything to go by if that wat happens WHEN you go out with 4 by 4 motor f****n jokes that's fact I would never dream of doing this to any land first two dogs couldn't get near it jokes of hunting fact rant over made me angry to see this
It's not what everyone who lamp in 4x4 do fact and yes the first 2 dogs never ad a look in at the deer but what's saying the dogs haven't been droped out and run ragged early in the night?

Are you taking the piss or even one of them clowns? if them dogs where fuked from earlier on they shouldnt of been run! there not f*****g machines there dogs! that poor deer was coursed buy two shit dogs it left them standing then was cut of buy a vehicle coz it was getting away! as you can see on the clip its trying to get past to safety but instead bouncing of the side of the vehicle, then if thats not bad anoth its now out scaped two shit heads and a vehicle! a fresh dog is thrown out wtf. That's not hunting its as bad as baiting the deer never had a chance. The end of the day its called hunting not catching (survivel of the fittest) a good animal like that deserved to get away! Like I said if thats hunting and you call yourself a dogman from doing things like that you dont deserve a lurcher imo. Tbh they should of just run it over would of saved some fuel money watching that deer piss all over your dogs. I'd not be able to show my face again if that was me!

No I am not one them clowns cos for one I wouldn't be on here now and 2 I wouldnt run my dog to a point it couldnt do the job on the chosen quarry
  • Like 1

Some people are missing the point a bit here, truth is some like some don't , and to be honest why would anyone care if it doesn't involve them ? if your happy with what your doing good look with it.

But to say a dog that is run on walked up quarry is fitter is the biggest load of bollocks I've ever heard, a fit dog is a fit dog wether you lamp on foot or from a car.

I'll put it this way if Mo Farah drove to the shops instead of walking would he not of won a gold medal ? Of course he would because he's still getting the correct training and nutrition.

I've seen plenty of lads dogs that have been used on foot that could barely climb out of the car after a nights driving.

On a good night you can soon burn any dog out, there not machines however fit they are....

1000 persent on the money if a dog is out once a week and walked how can that be fiter than a dog out 3 nights a week in a jeep these dogs that are worked from jeeps are fit thay dont just get one run then off home and thay have to run its not just out and thats it all over it can still go two fields and thay dont get every thing there sliped on its down to you to put the work in to get a fit dog

FFS you boys can talk some fair shit ... Obviously if one of the dogs is only out once a week and the other is out three times then its a no brainier BUT if both dogs have the same fitness routine rough the week then the dog that is walked all night lamping must have the advantage over the dog that's driven its common sense .......

• Like 2

Im confused. I didn't really think that walking about a field on a slip, would make a dog fit?

Surely if two dogs are out the same number of times a week and one is taken on foot, and the other driven. . . . . unless the foot man is lucky, the man in the vehicle, will get far more runs for his dog. . . . resulting, in a season, in a fitter and more tested dog?

I thought that was the point?

If you have permission to drive, and large areas to cover, I can fully understand why you'd do it. . . . . .

If you are poaching and you drive the land. . . . you're pretty much a wanker, for a whole load of reasons, not least of all because you are f***ing it right up for everyone else!

• Like 1

Socks you really have not got a clue what your talking about when it comes to this subject :no: anybody with any common sense can see that :yes:

Tell me why my friend .......