Driving Fields

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i give it a thumbs down... dog men talk of testing the dog.. well as far as i see it you chase the rabbit/hare/fox down then throw the dog out the window at 20+ mph   not very sporting is it if th

Driving around a field slipping dogs on quarry is in no way hunting or any test for a decent dog ... It's just s way of bad dog men to brag that they have big numbers and bluff themselves that they ha

not with dog, gun or a 4x4.. maybe a field or two across from were i am ment to be (longnet)....   i know farmers that would trench the field if people started on there with 4x4.. i have already bee

In the right situations it's brilliant I've killed loads of gear out the motor and on a good night you can put as much gear in front of the dogs than your average walker will see all season. I wouldn't use it exclusively but it has it's place. Atb

• Like 2

i give it a thumbs down... dog men talk of testing the dog.. well as far as i see it you chase the rabbit/hare/fox down then throw the dog out the window at 20+ mph

not very sporting is it if the quarry is tired already.. at the same time some poor farmers having is field churned over

im not suprised dog men have a bad name with practicess like this and i dont understand why you cant walk out wi a lamp then nobody would know you have been on the land

iv never been lamping in a car and have had many offers and to the lads that have offerd me i would never take them to my land cause they will be driving over my permission i walk miles and it does not bother me just the thought of driving along fields stupid if you ask me jmo :hmm:

i give it a thumbs down... dog men talk of testing the dog.. well as far as i see it you chase the rabbit/hare/fox down then throw the dog out the window at 20+ mph

not very sporting is it if the quarry is tired already.. at the same time some poor farmers having is field churned over

im not suprised dog men have a bad name with practicess like this and i dont understand why you cant walk out wi a lamp then nobody would know you have been on the land

iv never been lamping in a car and have had many offers and to the lads that have offerd me i would never take them to my land cause they will be driving over my permission i walk miles and it does not bother me just the thought of driving along fields stupid if you ask me jmo :hmm:

You hit the nail on the head there. "Permission"

I bet that two thirds that " drive the land " don't have permission.

So you av never been on land without permission then?

In my experience gamekeepers are just as bad for driving crops. Most of them wouldn't dream of getting out of the comfort of there jeeps and "having a walk". My old boss who was head keeper used to lamp rabbits and could get bags of 50+ without even getting out of the motor as he had a dog to pick up. When the landowner asked him had he been driving over the wheat he'd say "nah musta bin the coursers I'll keep an eye out" . They never had any qualms about driving through next doors crops either ....

Edited by fitchet
  • Like 1

In the right situations it's brilliant I've killed loads of gear out the motor and on a good night you can put as much gear in front of the dogs than your average walker will see all season. I wouldn't use it exclusively but it has it's place. Atb

true, you deff will see more game, its commonsense . All my lamping on foot so after 3-4 hours of walking most nights , the amount you see wont be anywhere as near as a lad in motor . But as most of the time ive had to jump over the fence lol, if things got bit hot, you can vanish into woods or what ever, bit differnt with a bloody big 4x4 lol. But if you got permission you will get more game with a motor :yes:

• Like 2

In my experience gamekeepers are just as bad for driving crops. Most of them wouldn't dream of getting out of the comfort of there jeeps and "having a walk". My old boss who was head keeper used to lamp rabbits and could get bags of 50+ without even getting out of the motor as he had a dog to pick up. When the landowner asked him had he been driving over the wheat he'd say "nah musta bin the coursers I'll keep an eye out" . They never had any qualms about driving through next doors crops either ....

True, exactly fitchet :thumbs: