Knocking On Doors ........

I'm 14 , me and my friend are wanting to get permission but dont know if we are old enough . I go clay pigeon shooting with him as he has go an shot gun licence but not a full one as hes not 18 . he has insurance and is a member of basc aswell . I'm getting an HW97KT and were going to knocking , will a farmer or land owner grant us permission or are we to young ?

Dress smartly start with a good morning good afternoon and be polite through the whole conversation and you will be ok ... Some farmers who say no may change their mind later on when they have thought about it so take printed copies of your details to leave with them .......

Im 15 and have most of the shooting up and down my valley, if you start with one farmer and do a good job it doesn't take long for the word to spread! Just ask politely and make sure you tell him your bags and ask when you can go! :thumbs:

You are sorted , a nice valley in Scotland can't go wrong . I'm going game keeping for a week soon in Scotland hope its good ! :)

What gun do you use and what game do you hunt ?

just depends, shooting a lot of cows just now on silage with the shotgun and do rabbit work with the airgun and ferrets!

You are sorted , a nice valley in Scotland can't go wrong . I'm going game keeping for a week soon in Scotland hope its good ! :)

just depends, shooting a lot of cows just now on silage with the shotgun and do rabbit work with the airgun and ferrets!

Tha farmer won't be happy if your shooting his cows fella :hunter: ...........

• Like 1

That made me chuckle! You mean Crows? I'll go with crows. lol Yeh no harm in asking.

woops, i meant crows :tongue2:

That made me chuckle! You mean Crows? I'll go with crows. lol Yeh no harm in asking.

• 3 weeks later...

Very good advice there lads, and just to add to it, if you offer a bit of help around the place as well it might just turn the tide in your favour, best of luck and good hunting. :thumbs:

good idea , thanks