Your Mews/housing...

Gaz_1989

It's a personal thing I block my falcons and freeloft my Harris hawks all year gos is tethered in the season and moulted in a skylight pen it's each to their own and what works best for you needs all my moulting pens are 8x10

Pisses me off when folk say thats a bad design of mews, thats not the way to go about it, theres given advice then there is telling somebody what to do, if you dont like the design then dont comment, your birds not in it so f**k off. If it works then dont fix it and all that, dont like to see beginners slated. We all started somewhere. While i like the iff the problem is theres too many cooks if you get what i mean, too many people with too many different ways of doing things, everybody thinks there methods are right and yours are wrong, just not the case.

Did my comment piss you off?

No sorry, i was agreeing with you bud. Like you said each to the own, not many have the same attitude, its there way or the highway lol

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is mine i freeloft in moult and teather in season half roof open and half closed so in the moult she can get all elements but sunlight is a must to stop pinched feathers but always have a shaded

Good luck gaz look forward to reading your journey

Pisses me off when folk say thats a bad design of mews, thats not the way to go about it, theres given advice then there is telling somebody what to do, if you dont like the design then dont comment,

Posted Images

Exactly as long as the birds welfare is top notch the rest it don't matter mind you I have seen some howlers but that was a 3x3 shed freelofted I took the bird off him in the end the bird had more mutes on it than feathers!

Never, why ffs do people not look at what there doing and think im doing something very wrong here. What bird was it, wouldnt suprise me if it was a golden eagle

I'm currently thinking along the lines of building my own housing out of 3" x 3" posts and tongue and groove.

It will be 14' x 6' with solid sides, back and roof.

4 foot from the left there will be a wooden partition coming half way across to create a secluded area which will measure 6' x 4' with solid wooden front. The remaining 10' will be fronted with Galv bars (the dog run type with 5cm gap).

This may be far from ideal. I don't know. I'm just trying to think spacious and secure.

I'm currently thinking along the lines of building my own housing out of 3" x 3" posts and tongue and groove.

4 foot from the left there will be a wooden partition coming half way across to create a secluded area which will measure 6' x 4' with solid wooden front. The remaining 10' will be fronted with Galv bars (the dog run type with 5cm gap).

This may be far from ideal. I don't know. I'm just trying to think spacious and secure.

Sounds fine to me did you get my reply?

Sounds fine to me did you get my reply?

Yes mate just replied.

Anyone else want to put pics of there setups up?

That's her just this minute!

Interesting you put her on a block, one of my mates knows this bloke that made him some jesses that puts all birds on a block. i dont like the look of them though personally, give me a bowperch anytime lol