the problem with NZ reds are that all the big ones you hunt with guides are either behind wire or bred behind wire. In a few areas there are genuinely free range deer that has stolen those genetics and gone wild but for the most part fair dinkum wild nz reds can be pretty average.

I thought the Euro reds were meant to be huge anyways aren't they?

The deer above is a genuine Wild Stag but there are allot of Safari Parks with Stags Bred predominately for Americans with too much money. While working trapping ferrets on a property neighboring a game reserve I watched a guy spend over 1hr stalking a Stag in the park, he got within about 100m and took 2 shots with a 30-06 for his trophy head. He was proud as punch.. I dove my Quad along the fence line each checking my traps could have easily shot that Stag or one of 20 others with my .22. It was a joke bit like shooting tin ducks at the show although at least the ducks are moving.

I'm not sure on the Quality of EU Reds but as Europe is fairly densely populated I'd Imagine genuine wild stags with quality heads would be hard to come by but I could be wrong.

• 3 months later...

It should also be mentioned that New Zealand has ALOT of small game animals ,that incudes Wallabys ,Brown Hares,Possums(The Aussie brush tailed possum) and more Rabbits in places that most have ever seen .

Edited by toolebox

It should also be mentioned that New Zealand has ALOT of small game animals ,that incudes Wallabys ,Brown Hares,Possums(The Aussie brush tailed possum) and more Rabbits in places that most have ever seen .

Hey John. I have never seen so many Rabbits and Hares as i did on the south island. Beautiful place, Awesome people, especially all the Maori and Indians. Met some eating rats down by the Shotover river. Loads of great Asians, Africans, Chinks, Japs, Pakistanis. Really multi cultural. I bet you would love it if your Daughter came home with one? Didn't see any Aborigines sadly though. You could do with a few of them to mix up the gene pool and hopefully make your Kiwi women a bit better looking? Thoughts……………….?

• Like 1

Hey John. I have never seen so many Rabbits and Hares as i did on the south island. Beautiful place, Awesome people, especially all the Maori and Indians. Met some eating rats down by the Shotover river. Loads of great Asians, Africans, Chinks, Japs, Pakistanis. Really multi cultural. I bet you would love it if your Daughter came home with one? Didn't see any Aborigines sadly though. You could do with a few of them to mix up the gene pool and hopefully make your Kiwi women a bit better looking? Thoughts……………….?

Lol Im not sure where you were but it doesn't sound like anywhere in NZ I know about ,are you sure it wasn't down at youre local after ten pints on a sat nite about the time you looking at going home with a 150kg gal with no front teeth for some "special lovin ".Don't say anything bad about the chinks,Deions nana was a full blood chin x moari .lovely woman she was .

Edited by toolebox

Lol Im not sure where you were but it doesn't sound like anywhere in NZ I know about ,are you sure it wasn't down at youre local after ten pints on a sat nite about the time you looking at going home with a 150kg gal with no front teeth for some "special lovin ".Don't say anything bad about the chinks,Deions nana was a full blood chin x moari .lovely woman she was .

Dion doesn't have a Nana. He was found in a cardboard box playing with a syringe full of Crystal Meth outside a Maori settlement in south Auckland. He was such an ugly baby no one wanted him. Poor Twat never had a chance. Make sure You look after that special little soldier and sort his fuggin hair out. What a Retard

• 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Whats it like for work im 20 year old single lad got nothing stopping me leaving wales ! Im a full qualified eletrician pm me if you like any info you many have

I went two years ago mate for 4 months, went shearing out there and I could have found loads of other work. The hunting was awesome went pig hunting with dogs that was amazing got some great pics I can put up, shot a few wallaby, possums and rabbit shooting a few nights never seen so many rabbits in my life the fields(paddocks) were just crawling with them. Done a fair bit of fishing as we'll. if I was 20 I'd be out there again mate. It costs a bit to get there but by the sounds you got a trade so you will find work get some money to pay for your stuff meet some people and your away.

Go for it!!

• 2 weeks later...