New Episode Of Vhtv (07/07/23).

Some undeniably accurate shooting there lads but safe shots or legal with that busy road behind the hedge I aint so sure.

atb

kanny

The Law states

It is also against the law, in England and Wales, to fire an air rifle within 50 feet of the centre of a highway (which consists of or comprises a carriageway)if in consequence a user of the highway is injured, interrupted or endangered. These offences could be committed, for example, when someone is shooting in their garden close to a public highway and the pellets ricochet onto the highway.

So as long you are 15 m away when you take your shot you should be ok

yes 50 feet I was thinking 50m for some reason my mistake .... but I still feel the shots were irresponsible... imo a hedge should never be classed as a back stop especially when there's a busy public highway just the other side ..... shit will and does happen.

Thats a good opinion to take Kanny, however there is actually a ditch and bank behind the hedge that you cannot see from the footage and the shots are very safe or we would not of taken them.

There is always a hint of doubt in any shot. You could be shooting against a solid brick wall and the pellet could take a deflection from a blade of grass or twig and still shoot left or right, up or down and out into a area that its shouldn't be.

Not everyone has 100s of yards of permission so calculated shots need to be made which is what we did and as seen all were contained within our boundary.

Even the elevated shots were safe as we know where the boundaries ended if we missed.

what he said :thumbs:

thanks for the comments lads :thumbs: the HW97 is shooting a treat :thumbs:

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TrY6Ds31Uo Enjoy. Si and Davy.

Hi VM,   We now after a few years of playing with CGP have found that if you enter accurate data you actually get very accurate data out.   At first we always used to check the data produced and i

Thats a good opinion to take Kanny, however there is actually a ditch and bank behind the hedge that you cannot see from the footage and the shots are very safe or we would not of taken them.   Ther