Webley Xocet Advice Needed!!!

Hi guys,

I was thinking of giving my Webley Xocet a face lift as I have injured my knee and I'm unable to get out shooting at the moment :( . The only problem is I've never worked on an rifle before :icon_redface:. I was thinking of fitting a gas-ram and maybe a new sound moderator :hmm:. Is it easy to fit these gas-rams? I've had browse for info and I haven't really found anything of use. I understand their is a danger when opening the rifle up. I was thinking of making myself a home-made spring decompresser or is this need as I'm quite a big lad who likes his weights. I'm just looking for a bit of advice really and wondering if any you guys have had success with this rifle?

Being stuck in this house is driving me round the bend :wallbash:.

Cheers Brian

PM recieved. Utterly knackered after a pretty mental weekend. Will reply properly tomorrowish.

Cheers.

Edit to add...Probably.

Cheers mate, Look forward to hearing from you :thumbs:

Right then. Firstly sorry for the late reply, Brian. My head was in no state for a proper response before, I seem to keep on forgetting that I'm not twenty one anymore. :laugh::icon_redface:

Unless someone's fitted something daft to it then the spring shouldn't be under too much pre-load. About thirty to fourty mm is all that you should have to cope with. Here's a link that may help when you're stripping it. There's a small allan screw that needs to be taken out that holds the trigger spring. This needs to be removed before you release the spring. https://www.gunspares.co.uk/products/24558/Xocet/. As for gas rams.....

To be honest I've just deleated a load of what I was going to say as it will be a whole lot easier to just talk to you. I'll PM you my number and you can give me a shout any evening.

Cheers, mate.

Andy.

• Like 2

Right then. Firstly sorry for the late reply, Brian. My head was in no state for a proper response before, I seem to keep on forgetting that I'm not twenty one anymore. :laugh::icon_redface:

Unless someone's fitted something daft to it then the spring shouldn't be under too much pre-load. About thirty to fourty mm is all that you should have to cope with. Here's a link that may help when you're stripping it. There's a small allan screw that needs to be taken out that holds the trigger spring. This needs to be removed before you release the spring. https://www.gunspares.co.uk/products/24558/Xocet/. As for gas rams.....

To be honest I've just deleated a load of what I was going to say as it will be a whole lot easier to just talk to you. I'll PM you my number and you can give me a shout any evening.

Cheers, mate.

Andy.

Just a few shandy's then :bad::laugh:. Thanks for taking the time to get back to me Andy, your a gent :thumbs: The gun still has its original spring so it should be no problem then. PM received I'll give you a shout soon.

Thanks again.

Brian

• Like 1