Holly Sh$T!! Mites Galore!

Finally got a confirmation email from viovet, my eprinex pour on is coming. Now the confussion.. On back yard chickens, all the americans are using it at 0.5 CC, per average hen, but the English are using at 0.5ML, is there not a big difference?

1cc = 1ml so its the same :laugh:

Apologies' Paul... :icon_redface:

:D

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you know anyone in pest control ficam w in pens problem solved..

to be honest, thats what i always used it for years ago, get a bottle of concentrate, mix with 2 galls of water and soak every nook and cranny with it inside the loft, open the wings of the birds out

when my chooks had mites a burnt the pen and put the hens in individual cardboard boxes after coating them in mite powder(not sure what make it was as was given it from old man of the allotments) i di

just pour the f****n lot into a 5 gallon drum and put it in their drinking water , be fine.................. :D:D:icon_eek: .

Whooooa, only kidding. Whats the craic with viovet then bib, what confirmation did you have to get ??? excuse me asking like.

just pour the f****n lot into a 5 gallon drum and put it in their drinking water , be fine.................. :D:D:icon_eek: .

Whooooa, only kidding. Whats the craic with viovet then bib, what confirmation did you have to get ??? excuse me asking like.

Its a pour on Boot`s! :tongue2:

Viovet was sound, because its a live stock medicine, I was expecting the need for a prescription (its hard work getting frontline and flubernet round here). I placed the order Friday night and it took them till around 5pm yesterday to get back to me, saying that its been dispatched.

When they take your order, you get an email, saying they got your order, this is not confirmation, you will receive an email, saying if and when its been dispatched...

I was kind of expecting them to get back to me and ask for my prescription number, then knock me back as I don't have a herd or prescription.. All good though, should be here today or tomorrow. Meant to be good, worms and controls mites.

how did the ivermectin work out then? has it worked, went well/badly?

Yeah great Joel. Well notice a difference. 0.5ml on the hens, 0.2.5 on the bantams and 0.1.5 on the Serama chicks. Give the pens another quick going over with the rest of the ficam and Im done, all clear... for now.

Its worked for me, could be a due to having a good clean out, burn up and the ficam too though.

Theres no more headshaking in any of the birds and theres a lot more solid shite`s so I would say it has wormed them. They`re due a second dose in a few days, I`ll have a good thorough look for any mite when I administer it.

• Like 1
  • 5 weeks later...

Not sure exactly how long the Ficam lasts blackdog22 but it does say on the packaging to give a good shake up if the mixture has been left to settle. The Ficam W is used mixed with water hence the W......you can also get Ficam D which is used in dry powder form. Its good stuff.