• 3 weeks later...

Pheasant pasty, I had a few friends stay with us over night in order to join some local guns for a days shooting, all needed feeding and traditionally it was my job to supply lunch. I had previously made game pie, sausages ect but I had been looking at the urban fieldsportsman site he has a great recipe for rabbit & pigeon pasty ( highly recommended ) I decided to to try this, followed it to the letter pastry and all but substituted the rabbit & pigeon with pheasant, they sold like hot cakes. I had made 30 which were wolfed down by guns & beaters.

Give them a try, i don't think the game meat will make a great difference if you follow the recipe.

Good cooking Dave

Cheers terryd, looks very nice but seen as im a novice how do i debone a rabbit???

cheers

good video here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6ud68Qmdyc or just google it. Mine looked nothing like that but it dont matter it comes tidy once rolled and tied up.

Once cooked mine looked like this and was very nice

imgp1867ps.jpg

That looks really great :thumbs:

Looking at the cooking section when my fridge is empty and I'm starving is a really bad idea :cray:

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

The next time you have a successful rabbit hunt try this delicious recipe for buttermilk fried rabbit.

The ingredients are;

3 cottontails
buttermilk
paprika
cayenne pepper
salt
pepper
flour
Fresh basil, parsley and thyme or dry Italian seasoning
oil

I have included a link to a short video that shows you step by step how to prepare this awesome recipe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvhBI9BhJKE

Enjoy

• Like 1