Kelpie X Beagal

I Knew of a pair of kelpie foxhounds some years ago they were the keenest hare hunters I have ever seen. I remember sitting with the shot gun waiting for them to drive a hare from the corn one time I didn't have the best perch for a shot but witnessed these to push 3 hares out that afternoon then run them until they caught. Pretty sure the kelpie wasn't pur and was a dingo x. that thing could really run.

i personally think they would be good dogs for a job mate, but im sure they will need the right homes, they aint gonna be the type a dog you can take out twice a week, id say they would need worked everyday or youll end up with nutters :D if i knew a kelpie an a beagle an they worked, id breed em, iv just seen a similar breeding an even tho i had doubts it seems to workin well for him. atb if you do it an keep us posted :thumbs:

My Son visited me yesterday with his two year old Springer X Border Collie, i don't think this Dog has seen a rabbit.

went a walk on to some rough ground that holds Rabbits, it has big banks full of nettles, the dod immediately was going through the thick nettle pushing Rabbits.

very impressed, if I had this dog, it would have been a useful Ferreting companion.

Sorry, should have put this on a post of its own.

Edited by Country Joe

My mate as done this cross he as a pack of beagle x cockers and a full beagle witch he as put to is working Kelpie. He as asked me if I would like a couple that's why im asking about them. I Dnt now what to do.

I can see the benefits in theory but I wouldn't want to mate one of my kelpies to a beagle: I can't imagine the nose being any better than it already is and the temperament, obedience and ability to work in the summer heat would all be adversely effected too. Just my humble opinion.

I have a border collie x beagle bitch here she is 11 years old now and probably one off the best bushing dogs I have ever owned I wish I had aanother like her I run her with 6 other hounds beagle harriers and beagle terriers the bitch isnt as fast as she used to be but can still hold her own with the rest of them and is much smarter than the rest and easier worked she is fox only and wont look at a rabbit although this was always the case and she marks like a demon witch is a bonus