ratting

Guest BunnyHunter
Got my eye on some nice little ratting spots, never very high numbers and hard won considering were they are, should have some photos though within the week. :icon_eek:

Are those rat sets those ones tht you where thinking about taking me and shaun to ? but we went coursing instead !

No theres a few local, there always there, but I've been told of another spot just near where some wheats been dumped to check, everytime I've been out lately, the terrier has marked different spots so they are there :icon_eek:

me and a mate always go on to some local fields ratting few weeks after the corns been cut they just come in we dont get high numbers but its fun watching the terriers pushon through the long grass afyter them.

Had a good day out then  :yes: .

It was a good day. I had planned to follow the local hounds but the hard frost stopped them hunting. I keep a few chickens and get the occasional rat round their pen but there were none there on Monday so I rang a mate who has a farm and arranged to go to his for a couple of hours. We gave up in the dark with the dogs marking like mad under a pile of reinforced concrete beams. We shifted some and ratty shifted under another pile. We'll get him next time. Bad news today though. My JR dog (the one in the picture pulling one apart with the red lakeland) looks to have taken some poison in. He's really f****d so is with the vet tonight. Got to ring in the morning. Hopefully he'll pull through but the vet isn't hopeful. He's a good dog as well. Just over a year old and has taken to ratting like a duck to water. Fingers crossed for the right outcome. Keep Hunting!!