Tying Off One End?

B.P.R

I can see where your coming from Smithie, I just wonder even with a slack line how the net will sit in two ruts, as there are always two, 18" deep thats an extra 6' of line in the depth of the rut without the width. Even supposing you get the depth, it will inevitably rob that section of the net of bag.

As I stated earlier, had I done that field with the ruts again I would have cut the holly before hand and it would have been available to me to block the ruts once the net was set. It had to be holly as that is what the hedges are in those fields, any bush would do as long as it blocks the rut.

TC

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The longnetting section...got to be the most informative section...civilised without the arguments

Real interesting replies,.. Tell ya what,..even in late June,..all this rabbiting chat, has made me long for the Autumn/Winter,...it is fecking criminal realy,.wishing my life away,..but,..I'm sure

it does that to you only yesterday i got a text from mr wilks and all it said was BRING ON THE SEASON.. lets face it we a ll long for the arse end of the year

I stick with 5 yd intervals for pegs were I can. And the top line will be a consistant hight across the net so looking down the net it will apear to becloser to the grouind were the ruts are. But still 18 to 20 inch above were possible keeping it tight. I would add extra running line into this bottom section but only what I needed as it has to come out. Of the last 5 yds

Smithie, excuse if this sounds stupid,

But when you run the net and its over the two deep ruts caused by the Landrover, cant you just shovel some earth into the rut where the net passes over, levelling it off. therefore any rabbit would not be able to get under.

it would only take a few shovels.

Edited by Country Joe

Indead you could cj. I'm sure most on here have longnetted longer than I and have more experiance. I only posting how I net with mr wilks and its not the way eveybody should go but it does work for me and I'm happy with my longnetting and the progress I made with the teachings of mr wilks and advice given by others and that's were I'm sure We are all aiming to be.

Happy netting

• Like 1

Smithie, excuse if this sounds stupid,

But when you run the net and its over the two deep ruts caused by the Landrover, cant you just shovel some earth into the rut where the net passes over, levelling it off. therefore any rabbit would not be able to get under.

it would only take a few shovels.

Aye that's what i was thinking or a hat , jacket etc

• Like 1

Tell you summat guys, this netting game sure gets you thinking. I must admit this slack bottom line/wheel rut "thing" was something smithie told me about (hed tried it out on the rare occasions we didnt manage to meet up) . and it didnt sound right but seeing is believing and ive seen it work on numerous occasions.. never say never in this game .. it does get fecking cold waiting for him to get it "just right :laugh: " but hey he catches and thats what were there for.

• Like 1